Moots Routt ESC Review: A 10K Monster Gravel Bike!?
The MOOTS Routt ESC is the latest addition to the brand’s family of titanium off-road bikes. With a matching Ti fork, loads of mounts, and clearance for 29 x 2.4” tires, the ESC was made for adventure. Following a four-day, 250-mile bikepacking trip, Neil shares his thoughts on geometry, build kit, and ride quality in our latest video review…
MOOTS recently unveiled their latest escape-ready all-terrain drop-bar bike, and it’s the burliest in the Routt lineup. The all-new MOOTS Routt ESC is designed for “deep gravel, lumpy two-track, and singletrack” and features 2.4″ tires, Boost spacing, three pairs of bottle mounts in the frame, two three-pack mounts on the fork, an oversized tubeset, and massive S-bend seat stays. MOOTS claims this recipe gives the Routt ESC the “backbone to perform across all-terrain, loaded or unloaded.” Neil recently tested these claims on a 250-mile bikepacking trip as well as unloaded on trail rides and gravel for this review. Watch it below and scroll down for a gallery, specs, and the build kit.
MOOTS Routt ESC specs
- Bottom Bracket: 73MM Threaded
- Seatpost: 30.9mm Seatpost
- 3 bottle mounts
- Completes specced with with five Ti cages: 3 King Cages and 2 King Manything Cages
- Max tire clearance: 29 x 2.4″
- Rear axle spacing: 148mm (Boost)
- Headtube: 44mm
- Chainline: 52mm
- Brake specs: Flat mount, 180mm front / 160mm rear
- Fork: Ti fork with 420mm A-C and 51 Rake
MOOTS Routt ESC Retro Complete
The new MOOTS Routt ESC is available from $10,484 in the Retro complete build as shown in the review and specced in the list below. And, you can add on an Anodized Emerald Green Finish or the Trans Am Finish. It’s also available with an AXS Complete build featuring a Force AXS drivetrain, Astral Carbon Wheels, and an ENVE G BAR for $12,719 as shown in the five photos above.
- FORK TI FORK 420MM A-C X 51 RAKE
- BARS DAJIA FAR BAR BY VELO ORANGE 48CM POLISHED SILVER
- STEM MOOTS TI STEM
- HEADSET WHITE INDUSTRIES POLISHED 1.5 TAPERED
- LEVERS TRP RRL BLACK
- BRAKES PAUL COMPONENTS KLAMPER FLAT MOUNT POLISHED
- SHIFTERS MICROSHIFT 1X12
- CRANK WHITE INDUSTRIES M30 POLISHED 38T CHAINRING
- BB WHITE INDUSTRIES 30MM BSA POLISHED
- SADDLE BROOKS B17 BLACK
- TIRES MAXXIS IKON 29 X 2.35”
- POST MOOTS TI CINCH POST
- CASSETTE XT 10-51
- WHEELS VELOCITY CLIFFHANGER 32H POLISHED, WHITE INDUSTRIES CLD+ HUBS
- TAPE CINELLI CORK TAPE
- Model/Size Tested: Moots Routt ESC (medium)
- Place of Manufacture: Colorado, USA
- Price (as specced): $10,484
- Manufacturer’s Details: MOOTS.com
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
Drop-bar & Gravel Bike Reviews
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.