A Look at the New Remot Boundary
The makers of Litespeed titanium bikes launched a new bike brand this past weekend at the Sea Otter Classic. Remōt debuted with three lines of carbon fiber bikes, including the Boundary, a gravel bike with tons of mounts and plenty of tire clearance. Check it out below…
Remōt is a new direct to consumer brand that’s part of the Chattanooga, TN, American Bicycle Group (ABG), makers of Litespeed and Quintana Roo (titanium and triathlon companies, respectively). Remōt debuted with new all-road, gravel, and mountain bikes at this year’s Sea Otter Classic.
As its name implies, Remōt was conceived for outdoor enthusiasts who love exploring backcountry places. The brand started with three bikes in various builds, the Baseline, a roadie-inspired all-road bike; the Cinder, a full-suspension mountain bike offered with either 27.5+ or 29er wheels; and the gravel-oriented Boundary, which we photographed. Scroll down for details.
The Boundary is Remōt’s gravel-specific carbon fiber bike. It comes with either Shimano 105 or Ultegra components and a few bikepacking-friendly features. Remōt claims the Boundary’s carbon frame was designed for durability. In addition, it’s equipped with provisions for racks and fenders, and it has six pairs of bottle cage mounts for carrying gear—each fork blade has a three-pack.
The Boundary comes specced with Panaracer Gravel King 700c x 43mm tires, and Remōt claims it easily clears a 45mm tire with fenders. The Boundary has a 67mm bottom bracket drop, so it could easily be converted to 650B with plenty of clearance for larger tires (we’ve asked for the exact clearance and will post here once we find out).
Remōt bikes ship pre-assembled to your doorstep with a 30-day return policy. There are three Boundary builds starting with the $2,400 Shimano 105 build, as specced below. Each is offered in three colors in sizes ranging from XS to XL.
- Headset Cane Creek 40 Series
- Stem Remōt Alloy Gravel
- Handlebar Remōt Alloy Gravel Flare
- Seatpost Remōt Alloy 12mm Offset
- Saddle WTB Volt Sport
- Shifters Shimano R7020
- Rotors Shimano RT64 160mm
- Front Derailleur Shimano 105 R7000
- Rear Derailleur Shimano 105 R7000
- Crankset Praxis Alba Alloy 48/32
- Cassette Shimano HG700 11-34
- Chain Shimano HG601
- Bottom Bracket Praxis BB86
- Tires Panaracer Gravel King SK 700x43c
- Wheelset Sun Charger Comp Tubeless
- Brakeset Shimano 105
- Fork Remōt Carbon
Learn more about the Boundary over at RemotBikes.com.
New in bikes
- Jun 20, 2019Benedict’s Crust Romanceur
- Jun 12, 2019Rigs of The 2019 Tour Divide
- May 31, 2019Tim Fairbrother and his Brother Cycles Big Bro
- May 28, 2019Five More Bikes from Bespoked UK 2019
- May 27, 2019Rocky Mountain Solo Review: Making Roads Great Again