Renovated Vintage Touring Bike: Panasonic Pro Touring
Here is my grocery getter and around town bike. I built this over the summer from a crusty $50 relic I found on Craigslist.
Tange steel, well defined lugged construction, low-trail geometry, nice lines and plenty of bosses and mounts made this the ideal classic frame for renovation. Also, a list of salvageable parts included brakes, handlebars, cranks, derailleurs and a seatpost. What came out of it is a handsomely dressed road tourer.
Build and Parts List
- Frame: 58 cm 1986 Panasonic Pro Touring
- Rear Hub: Velocity
- Front Hub: Velocity
- Wheels: Velocity Atlas 36 spoke
- Cranks: Shimano Deore LX (oldschool)
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Square Taper
- Brakes: Stock/Shimano
- Headset: Velo Orange
- Handlebar: Sakae Randnner
- Stem: Nitto Techmonic Tall
- Saddle: Selle Anatomica Titanico X
- Seatpost: Kalloy
- Pedals: Shimano PD-M324
- Front Rack: Velo Orange Pass Hunter
- Rear Rack: Salsa Minimalist
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.