New wheels: Velocity Blunt 35
Well well well, what do we have here? It’s my Rohloff on some new Velocity Blunt 35s.
I’ve had my eye on these rims since they were released. I originally heard about their predecessor, the P35, and the fact that its slightly oversized rim width played nicely with the 29 x 3″ Surly Knard tires. After being thoroughly impressed by my 26″ Velocity Cliff Hangers (after 3k+ punishing miles through some rough Central American gravel roads), I decided to get my Rohloff laced up to another set of Velocity rims for a new 29er build. There seems to be some nice products coming out of Velocity, and their rims are made in the USA!
The Blunt 35s are perfect for interchanging less aggressive tires for touring and husky Knards for bikepacking. At first glance, I am impressed with how light these wheels are (even with the Rohloff); definitely lighter than my Cliffhangers. I am ready to get on with my build and see how these suckers perform… stay tuned.
New in gear
- Sep 18, 2019Editor’s Dozen: Logan’s Mid-Season Gear Picks
- Sep 12, 2019PEdALED Jary All-Road Collection: First Look
- Sep 11, 2019Tarptent Aeon Li Review: One Pound, One Person
- Sep 5, 2019Showers Pass Crosspoint Waterproof Wool Socks and Gloves Review
- Sep 4, 2019Alpkit Kraku Stove + MytiPot 900 : Convenient Minimalism on a Budget