New wheels: Velocity Blunt 35
Well well well, what do we have here? It’s my Rohloff on some new Velocity Blunt 35s.
I’ve had my eye on these rims since they were released. I originally heard about their predecessor, the P35, and the fact that its slightly oversized rim width played nicely with the 29 x 3″ Surly Knard tires. After being thoroughly impressed by my 26″ Velocity Cliff Hangers (after 3k+ punishing miles through some rough Central American gravel roads), I decided to get my Rohloff laced up to another set of Velocity rims for a new 29er build. There seems to be some nice products coming out of Velocity, and their rims are made in the USA!
The Blunt 35s are perfect for interchanging less aggressive tires for touring and husky Knards for bikepacking. At first glance, I am impressed with how light these wheels are (even with the Rohloff); definitely lighter than my Cliffhangers. I am ready to get on with my build and see how these suckers perform… stay tuned.
New in gear
- Nov 29, 2019Tripel Hub and Boyd Ridgeline Wheels Review
- Nov 27, 2019Revelate Hopper Frame Bag: First Look
- Nov 27, 2019Revelate Joey Review
- Nov 19, 2019Wolf Tooth EnCase Handlebar Tool Kit
- Nov 15, 2019Tailfin AeroPack Review: A premium, rigid seatpack