Originally released in 2009, and purpose built to ride the Tour Divide, the Fargo is the classic drop-bar bike designed specifically for off-road touring and bikepacking. It has since been used by many riders for countless trips down the 2,700+ mile route, but that’s not all it can do. From bikepacking to fully-loaded touring, from singletrack to gravel racing, the Fargo a lot of folks’ jack of all trades. Today Salsa announced the latest incarnation of the titanium version with an all new BOOST-spaced Firestarter 110 Carbon Deluxe Fork. Here are the details:
The Fargo Ti frame itself is unchanged. It still features 3/2.5 seamless Titanium tubing, with the same geometry, belt drive compatible V1.5 Alternator dropouts, and multiple wheelsize options (27.5+, 29, or 29+). So what’s new? Fargo Ti now comes with the all new Firestarter 110 Carbon Deluxe Fork, which Salsa touts as “the most fully featured bikepacking fork available.” UPDATE: find the Firestarter 110 Deluxe in our full Gear Index of utility forks with bottle cage mounts here. Here are pics and specs:
- High modulus Carbon construction with tapered 1-1/8” to 1-1/2” steerer with sub-700 gram weight
- 483mm axle to crown with 51mm offset
- 15 x 110mm (Boost) spacing
- Internal dynamo routing for 110mm spaced dynamo hubs
- Four sets of Three-Pack mounts deliver a huge range of carrying possibilities; 4 Anything Cages OR 4 Nickless Cages OR 2 Anything Cages/2 Nickless Cages
- Low rider mounts for our Down Under rack
- 27.5 x 2.8-3.0” & 29 x 2.2-3.0” tire compatibility
- Fender mounts (max tire size compatibility 29 x 2.2”)
The 2019 Fargo Ti Frameset also includes a complimentary Cane Creek 40 headset making one less item to check off on your build list. If you are looking to pick one up, contact your Salsa Authorized Dealer as soon as possible to get your order in. The 2019 Fargo Ti is available for $2,799 and in stock in limited quantities. Learn more over at SalsaCycles.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.