Chiru has been designing and producing bicycles since 2009, often with ultra-endurance and adventure racing in mind. Chiru’s various models are designed from the ground up to tackle a specific event, usually tested by Chiru’s Founder and CEO, Pierre Arnaud Le Magnan; who placed third at the 2018 Silk Road Mountain Race (SRMR). Named after the first 4,000m pass on the SRMR route, the Chiru Kegeti is designed to be the ultimate ultra-endurance adventure bike. The Kegeti has seen some changes for 2020, so we’ve gathered up the most recent specs for anyone on the hunt for a new titanium endurance bike.
- Frame: Titanium 3Al/2.5V, Grade 9, Butted & Cold formed.
- Bottom Bracket: T47 73 mm
- Tire Clearance: 700×47 up to 29×2.4”
- Rear Dropout Spacing: 148x12mm thru axle
- Compatible with rigid or 100mm travel fork, Crown to Axle: 480 to 500 mm
- External or internal downtube cable routing
- Eyelets for three bottle cages, frame & top tube bag, fenders, racks
- Tapered Head Tube
- 27.2 mm Seatpost Diameter, Internal Dropper Post Routing
- Available in two complete builds, or as a frameset
The Chiru Kegeti is currently available in two different build options, based around either a Shimano GRX or SRAM Force 1 drivetrain with hydraulic brakes. For components, you’ll get a CEC Carbon Fork and wheels, Ritchey Venture Max handlebar, Rotor REX crankset, and Panaracer Driver Pro tires. These builds have a complete weight (pedals excluded) of 19.1 pounds (8.7kg), and are available in four different sizes: small, medium large, and extra large.
The Shimano GRX build is priced at €4,950 (~$5,400 USD) and the SRAM Force 1 at €5,190 (~$5,663 USD). The frame by itself retails for €2,090 (~$2,280 USD) and the frameset will set you back €2,190 (~$2,390 USD). Custom builds are also available upon request.
For all the details head over to ChiruBikes.com. There are currently no North American distributors, but that will be changing soon. Keep an eye out for an update. Until then, you can purchase directly from Chiru or through one of their European distributors.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.