Just announced, the new COTIC SolarisMAX features new paint colors, a steeper seat tube, clearance for 29 x 2.6″ tires, and loads of mounts along the downtube. Find all the details here…
COTIC just announced the revamped SolarisMAX, the UK-based company’s steel hardtail built for everything from enduro races to month long bikepacking trips. The new model is largely similar to the older one, but now comes in two new colors (midnight blue and supernova orange) with a slightly steeper seat angle, added tire clearance, and an impressive array of bottle mounts on the downtube. Find photos and specs below…
The Cotic SolarisMAX features a Reynolds 853 frame designed to run forks ranging from 120mm up to 130 or 140mm. Cotic claims the Reynolds 853 frame has a notable “subtle and traction-rich ride feel, with plenty of space for bags and bottles for long days in the saddle.” The SolarisMAX has a 60mm bottom bracket drop with Cotic’s geometry charts adjusted for three fork lengths. With a 130mm fork the head tube angle sits at 65.7° with a 74.7° seat tube angle.
Cotic SolarisMAX Specs
Specs directly from Cotic press release…
- Large diameter, thinwall, air hardening Reynolds 853 steel front triangle with signature Ovalform top tube
- 44mm standard head tube designed with external bottom cup for taper steerer compatiblity and zero stack top cup for minimal stack height
- Exclusive Cotic Designed Reynolds 853 34.9mm seat tube gives great precision to the ride
- 31.6mm seatpost size is dropper seatpost compatible, external remote or internal “Stealth” routing. The frame has hose clips for the external remote under the top tube, or p-clip bosses for a down tube run for the ‘stealth’ internal option.
- Signature Cotic 4130 cromo wishbone stay rear end. Bridge-less MAX S-bend chainstays with Cotic Hexten gussets for improved fatigue life
- Two sets of bottle bosses on the down tube for added water capacity. Either run two bottle in line on a big ride, or use the lower set with a side-loading cage to get some extra water on board if you have a frame bag for a bigger trip
- Boost148 Thru Axle Rear End – Added wheel stiffness and clearance for 29×2.5 or 27.5×3.0
- Minimum 120mm travel forks or 500mm rigid. Maximum 140mm travel fork
- Geometry with commitment! Cotic Longshot Geometry brings balance, composure, fun and speed
- Sizes – Small, medium, large and XL. The frames are designed to be compact and chuckable. Check out the Sizing Chart below for the full detail
- Weight – 4.9lbs for the large
- Colors – Midnight Blue or Supernova Orange
Frames are available to reserve at £675.00 for a July ship date. Find all the details about the new Cotic SolarisMAX over at Cotic.co.uk.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.