Originally conceived back in 1991 as a 26″ Titanium hardail, the XC-focused Hei Hei has been in Kona’s lineup for nearly 20 years. The 2020 model just got a few geometry tweaks to modernize the platform and blur the lines between XC and trail bike. Watch Kona’s development video to learn more about what’s changed over the years and the new 2020 updates, then scroll down for photos and details…
There are three complete models in the 2020 Kona Hei Hei lineup. All three have 120mm of travel, clearance for 29 x 2.5″ tires, and a PF92 bottom bracket. The geometry was revamped across the range with a 20mm longer reach and 67.5° head tube angle. Models include the $5999 carbon Hei Hei CR DL, $4499 carbon Hei Hei CR, and the $2599 aluminum Hei Hei. The Hei Hei can also be purchased as a carbon frame for $3099. Here are the details about the CR DL with photos.
Kona Hei Hei CR DL
The top of the range 2020 Kona Hei Hei CR DL features a Race Light Carbon frame, an Eagle X01 drivetrain, and a RockShox Pike Ultimate.
- Frame Material Kona Race Light Carbon
- Wheels WTB KOM Light i27 TCS 29” on DT Swiss 370 Hubs
- Suspension Platform Fuse
- Front/Rear Suspension 120mm
- Rear RockShox Deluxe Ultimate
- Fork RockShox Pike Ultimate DebonAir 120mm
- Crankset SRAM Descendant DUB Carbon
- Drivetrain SRAM XX1/XO Eagle 12spd
- Brakes SRAM G2 RSC with 180mm front / 160 rear rotor
- Seat Post RockShox Reverb w/1x Remote Lever 31.6mm
- Cockpit RaceFace Next 35mm bar/RaceFace Turbine R 35 stem/ Kona Gey Grip
- Front Tire Maxxis Rekon EXO TR 3C 29×2.25″
- Rear tire Maxxis Rekon EXO TR 3C 29×2.25″
- Saddle WTB SL8 Pro
For complete details on the 2020 Kona Hei Hei range, head over to KonaWorld.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.