New for 2020, Quebec-based Panorama Cycles has updated their trusty Chic-Chocs fatbike to include more tire clearance and fresh graphics. This time, Panorama Cycles partnered with Vancouver based artists (and cyclists) Pellvetica (@pellvetica) to create a downtube graphic that’s a tribute to the Atlantic caribou. Panorama goes on to explain that “In 2016, the total population of Caribou living in eastern Canada, mainly in the Chic-Chocs Mountains in Gaspésie, was 140. Today the count is less than 90. This is one of the eight mammals threatened with extinction in Canada.”
The new Chic-Chocs is now designed around 27.5 x 4.5″ tires, and the updated frame and fork are compatible with both 26 x 5″ and 29 x 3″ tires. Three bottle mounts, cargo cage mounts on the fork, and rear rack mounts have you covered for hauling gear, and the internally routed carbon frame is available in a single complete build. Check out the complete component spec list below.
- Frame: Carbon
- Fork: Panorama Carbon Fiber
- Seatpost: Race Face RIDE 31.6X400mm
- Headset: FSA No.42
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face Cinch BSA
- Brakes: SRAM LEVEL T HYDRAULIC, 180MM FRONT, 160MM REAR
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM PG1230 Eagle 11-50T
- Crankset: Race Face AEFFECT 175mm, 26T
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Front Hub: Novatec D201SB
- Rear Hub: Novatec D202SB
- Spokes: 14G Stainless
- Rims: Sun Ringle Mulefut SL 80mm
- Tires: Terrene Cake Eater Light, 27.5X4.5″
- Handlebar: Race Face Ride
- Saddle: VELO VL-3381
- Stem: Race Race Ride
Head over to PanoramaCycles.com for full details and ordering info.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.