Both Santa Cruz and Juliana Bicycles have began rolling out their 2021 lineup. The changes includes new color schemes and updated build kits for most of their models. Perhaps most relevant from a bikepacking perspective is the Santa Cruz Tallboy, a short-travel 29er, and the gravel-oriented Stigmata. The Juliana Joplin and Quincy are effectively the same bikes with women-specific components and tuning. Find photos and an overview of the different build kits available below.
2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy & Juliana Joplin
The Santa Cruz Tallboy and Juliana Joplin are both short-travel, full-squish 29er mountain bikes with 130mm of front suspension and 120mm in the rear. Both are positioned as extra-capable cross-country bikes that can handle a bit of everything. Here are the details of what’s changed.
The 2021 Juliana Joplin is now available in a Misty Blue and Gray color scheme. The alloy frame is available with two different builds ranging from $2,799 to $3,399 USD and the carbon Joplin costs between $4,199 to $6,999 depending on the level of build. The Joplin is also offered as a frame-only for $1,999 for alloy or $3,099 for carbon. Head over to JulianaBicycles.com to learn more.
- 2021 Juliana Joplin (D): SX Eagle, Aluminum: $2,799
- 2021 Juliana Joplin (R): NX Eagle, Aluminum: $3,399
- 2021 Juliana Joplin CC (R): NX Eagle, Carbon: $4,199
- 2021 Juliana Joplin CC (S): GX Eagle, Carbon: $4,999
- 2021 Juliana Joplin CC (X01): X01 Eagle, Carbon: $6,999
The 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy sees similar updates, including two new color schemes: Ivory and Gypsum or Ebony and Gypsum. There are two different aluminum build options, priced at $2,799 and $3,399 USD, and five different carbon options ranging from $4,199 all the way up to $10,499. Visit SantaCruzBicycles.com to learn more.
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy (D): SX Eagle, Aluminum: $2,799
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy (R): NX Eagle, Aluminum: $3,399
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy C (R): NX Eagle, Carbon: $4,199
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy C (S): GX Eagle, Carbon: $4,999
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy C (XT): XT 12-Speed, Carbon: $5,999
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy CC (X01): X01 Eagle, Carbon: $6,999
- 2021 Santa Cruz Tallboy CC (XX1 RSV): XX1 Eagle AXS, Carbon: $10,499
2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata and Juliana Quincy
The Juliana Quincy is a carbon gravel bike with women-specific components and size-specific attributes. It features three bottle mounts, clearance for tires up to 2.1″ wide, and for 2021 comes in a sleek Gypsum and Orange Rust colour scheme. The 1×11 SRAM Rival build costs $3,499, while the higher end Shimano GRX 2×11 option is priced at $4,199 USD. Learn more here.
- 2021 Juliana Quincy CC (Rival): SRAM Rival, Carbon: $3,499
- 2021 Juliana Quincy CC (GRX): Shimano GRX, Carbon: $4,199
The 2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata also receives new paint and updated build kits, ranging from $3,499 to $5,499 USD, from SRAM Rival all the way to SRAM Force 1x and 2x builds. Just like the Quincy, the Stigmata features multiple bottle mounts, 650b and 700c compatibility, and clearance for up to 650b x 2.1″ tires. The new color options are Moonstone Blue and Ivory or Midnight Green and Black. See more at SantaCruzBicycles.com.
- 2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata CC (Rival): SRAM Rival, Carbon: $3,499
- 2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata CC (GRX): Shimano GRX, Carbon: $4,199
- 2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata CC (Force 650b): SRAM Force eTap, Carbon: $5,499
- 2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata CC (Force 1x): SRAM Force eTap, Carbon: $5,499
- 2021 Santa Cruz Stigmata CC (Force 2x): SRAM Force eTap, Carbon: $5,299
If you haven’t seen it yet, don’t forget to check out Logan’s review of the 2020 Santa Cruz Tallboy, since all the big picture features remain the same for 2021.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.