The next Sisters in The Wild gathering was just announced for early September of this year in Slovenia. This isn’t a race or a trail riding event, but a community-building experience for women, non-binary, and trans folks. The Sisters in The Wild event was created to encourage women to push themselves in an environment where they can feel comfortable, giving them the opportunity to face their personal challenges in a supportive, pressure-free environment. Find the beautiful recap from the 2020 event here, and scroll down for the press release from SITW.
This is not a race, neither is it a riding event, but a community building experience.
The event will take place in Bled, a small town on the doorstep of the Julian Alps. We will pitch the tents on our private basecamp from where we will take daily rides, exploring Bled’s surroundings. After the legs tire out, we’ll return to the camp for a hearty meal beside a campfire.
- Date: 10-12th of September
- Duration of the event: 3 days
- Location: private campsite, 5 km from Lake Bled
- Accommodation: campsite (each participant is required to bring their own camping gear), showers and toilets available on the site
- Number of participants: max. 20
- Type of rides: all the rides will be mostly offroad, meaning gravel, forestry roads but nothing technical, so all skill levels are welcome. The rides are not guided – each participant is required to have their own navigation since the gpx. files will be provided. There is no need to worry about being left behind or being too fast, we will wait for everyone.
- Recommended bike: gravel bike, hard tail, cyclocross bike, mountain bike, anything with beefy tires will do the job.
- Meals: All meals will be vegetarian, cooked and prepared by our chef Aljosa.
- Price: 300 EUR
- Included in the price: 3 nights in the campsite, breakfast and dinner each day
- Not included in the price: Lunch and transport from/to the airport/main station
All the updates and important information about the event will be communicated through the email participants will provide as their contact address.
Please note: Each participant is obligated to sign the accident waiver prior to the event.
COVID-19: Any cancellation due to Covid-19 travel restrictions will be fully refunded.
We will encourage all the staff and participants to take everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, such as COVID-19. This includes: cleaning your hands often (soap and disinfection provided in the bathrooms), cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces. All activities will be taking place outside (camping, riding, eating). We kindly ask participants that in case of sickness or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 stay at home.
Interested in attending Sisters in the Wild? You can purchase tickets here.
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.