Back when there simply weren’t many options on the market, the Pipedream A.L.I.C.E. (All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment) was one of only a handful of drop-bar mountain bikes that cleared big 29er tires. We first posted about it back in 2017, and even then it had been out for a while. Recently, the folks at Pipedream revamped A.L.I.C.E. with a slightly different geometry, dropper post routing, and your choice of a carbon, color-matched 420mm flat mount or 430mm flat mount CrMo fork. The frame was designed in Scotland and made in Taiwan from 4130 Chromoly tubing, and it comes with an internal ED surface treatment to prevent rust.
Aside from the flat mount fork options, the 2022 Pipedream A.L.I.C.E. also gets dropper post routing in the seat tube and three new colors. Here are the full frame specs:
- Frame includes dropout sliders, bolts, and cable clips
- CrMo 4130 heat treated main frame tubes
- Oval top tube for vertical compliance and comfortable shouldering
- 44mm (internal) head tube compatible with either tapered or straight steerer tubes
- Sliding/replaceable dropouts (post mount brake)
- Compatible with flat mount brakes (with adapter, included)
- Split dropout on the drive-side for Gates Carbon Drive compatibility
- 3 sets of bottle bosses on the frame
- Metal headbadge
- Supplied with rear axle (142×12)
- Max recommended tire size for the frame, 29 x 2.4″ (27.5 x 2.2″)
- Carbon or CrMo steel fork (flat mount)
- Multiple bosses for attaching cages or accessories
- Supplied with axle (100×15)
- Max recommended tire size for the fork, 29 x 2.8″ (27.5 x 2.8″)
The Pipedream A.L.I.C.E. comes in sizes small though XL and is available in British Racing Green, Desert, and Wonderland Blue starting at £680.00 (outside the UK, not including shipping). Learn more over at Pipedreamcycles.com.
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.