Allygn is a framebuilder-owned and operated component company that’s a part of Fern Bicycles in Berlin, Germany. Over the years they’ve built multiple iterations of the Diamond Front Rack, all the while perfecting this unique design for release. Today they are finally unveiling a production model in a limited batch of 100.
Each rack is made from thin walled high strength 25CrMo4 steel featuring a 3D bend diamond design. On the outset, it appears quite promising as a minimal front rack suited for a fast randonneur, gravel bike, or race rig. It’s unclear what its load/weight limits are. But, according to Allygn, the Diamond front rack is made to carry a handlebar bag, a drybag loaded with sleeping gear, or a six-pack on your local commute. It comes with fully adjustable stays for fork lowrider eyelets or canti stud mounting. It also features a dedicated light mount and zip tie guides for light cable routing.
Allygn Diamond Front Rack Specs
- Material: 25CrMo4, aluminum mounting struts, black nickel plated hardware
- Weight: Platform only 240 grams. Platform with all hardware including J-Light-Adapter and uncut stays: 400 grams
- Size: Rack size complete 215mm length, 205mm width. Useable platform area 155 x 205mm. Stay length ca. 280mm
- Light Mount: Overhead direct M6 light mount, J-Light-Adapter for upright mounted headlights
- Cable Routing: Custom designed zip tie cable guides for dedicated light cable routing
- Finish: Matte black powder coating
- What’s inside the box?: ALLYGN Diamond Rack, J-Light-Mount, loads of mounting hardware, detailed manual, Gramm-Tourpacking strap, stickers, and a limited series Allygn x Ass Savers Mudder Mini front fender!
This first limited series of 100 Diamond Front Racks comes with a custom designed Allygn X Ass Savers Mudder Mini front fender and a Gramm-Tourpacking strap for 220 €. The initial batch will go on sale at 6:00 P.M. (GMT+1) or 12:00 P.M. EST. Learn more over at Allygn.de.