Alpkit describes their Soloist tent as a “lightweight, compact and stable backpacking tent with plenty of head room for multi-day wilderness adventures or extended bike tours.” It’s designed to be tall enough to sit up in, stable, and free-standing, and uses a single-pole structure that is quick to pitch. The tent uses compact pole segments and lightweight fabrics for a total weight of 2.6 pounds (regular) or 2.8 pounds (XL), and packs down to about the size of a wine bottle. The new Soloist XL offers an additional 20cm of interior length for a total of 220cm (7.2 feet), which is perfect for taller folks or for anyone who just wants some extra room at night.
Both sizes of the Soloist have a small integrated front vestibule, internal mesh pockets, and a hanging loop. The tent has multiple pitching options, including just the mesh inner or the fly + footprint for an ultralight setup. Like all Alpkit products, the Soloist comes with their 3 Year Alpine Bond, which is a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Find additional specs below.
- Total Weight: 1200g (regular) / 1318g (XL)
- Packed Dimensions: 42 x 12cm (regular) / 44 x 13cm (XL)
- Floor Dimensions: 200 x 95/77cm (regular) / 220 x 95/77cm (XL)
- Outer Material: 20d Silicone coated Ripstop Polyester with PU backer
- Inner Material: 20d Nylon Breathable Ripstop
- Floor Material: 20d Ripstop Polyester PU
- Place of Manufacture: China
- Price: $183 USD / €139.99
- Manufacturer’s Details: Alpkit.com
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.