For the first time, Canada’s Phat Moose Cycles has teamed up with bike builder Altruiste on a custom run of fat bikes built to their exact specifications. The Phat Moose x Altruiste Gulo Gulo is the final product, a fat bike based around Reynolds 853 main tubes, 27.5 x 4.5″ tires, and surefooted geometry.
The frame, which is handmade by Gabriel Lang at Altruiste Bicycle Company in New Brunswick, has externally routed cables, internal dropper post routing, two bottle mounts inside the main triangle, and top tube bosses. Otherwise, the frame is kept quite clean and uses standard thru-axle dropouts, no additional cargo mounts, and just three sizes to choose from. Phat Moose is offering the Gulo Gulo in one high-end build kit based around a Shimano 1×12 drivetrain, Woven carbon wheels, and a OneUp dropper post. See the full build kit below.
- Fork Salsa Kingpin Carbon
- Headset Cane Creek 40
- Stem Whisky No.7
- Handlebar Whisky Carbon 25mm rise
- Grips Wolf Tooth Karv
- Seatpost OneUp Dropper 31.6mm x 150mm
- Saddle WTB Volt
- Dropper Lever OneUp Remote V2
- Shifter Shimano XT M8100
- Brakes Shimano XT 2-Piston
- Rotors Shimano RT86 180/160mm
- Cranks Race Face Turbine Cinch
- Chainring North Shore Billet 30T
- Bottom Bracket Race Face Cinch BSA30
- Rear Derailleur Shimano XT M8100
- Cassette Shimano XT 10-51T
- Chain Shimano XT
- Tires 45NRTH Wrathchild 27.5×4.5″ Studded
- Wheelset Woven F775 Carbon
Phat Moose is offering the Gulo Gulo in a very limited run, and it appears mediums are already sold out. The price is $6,900 CAD ($5,420 USD) for the complete build and they do not ship. Those interested should reach out right away. Learn more at PhatMooseCycles.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.