With a lineup of road, mountain and gravel bikes, Portland-based Breadwinner Cycles just introduced the new limited edition G-Road – a couple steps burlier than their 700x40mm tire B-road. The G-road is designed around 27.5×2.1″ tires, or more particularly the 54mm Schwalbe G-one tires as shown. As Breadwinner puts it, “Can you ride gravel roads on any bike? Absolutely. We tip our hats to those who can do it well on 25c tires too. Would said terrain be more fun, could you ride longer, could you go faster etc, if you had the right tool for the job. Also a resounding yes!” We agree. And with triple fork mounts, three pairs of frame bosses, and plenty of rack and fender mounts, it looks like a great bike for bikepacking and touring too.
Like other bikes in the Breadwinner line, the G-road is not pre-built then sold, it’s a custom built bicycle, something that’s as much a part of Breadwinner today as it was when Ira and Tony started the company in 2005. All Breadwinner bikes are designed and built in house and each frame they make starts with a conversation. Their goal is create a one-of-a-kind bicycle to maximizes comfort, ride quality, and performance to match the individual. The Limited Edition G-Road follows suit as they work with the rider to decide the most fitting final braze ons, paint and parts options.
While the build kit for the Breadwinner G-road is malleable, here are the general specifications, chock full of high-end details such as the stainless dropouts, Force drivetrain, and included SILCA frame pump.
- Limited edition classic paint scheme by Colorworks
- CUSTOM SIZING – every bike is made to order
- BREADWINNER Stainless Thru Axle Dropouts (optional fender and rack braze-ons options)
- SILCA Impero Ultimate frame pump included
- CHRIS KING hubs and your choice of rims (we like Hed, Stans or USA made Velocity rims)
- SRAM FORCE drivetrain
- THOMSON stem, seat post. (shown with optional painted Easton stem and Thomson Dirt Drops)
- FABRIC Saddle
- CHRIS IGLEHEART thru axle fork (shown with optional fender, lowrider, and anything cage braze ons)
- RED/E-Tap Upgrades available
If you have a serious breadwinner in your household, and a custom 650b gravel crusher is what you’re after, the G-road can be yours for a cool $6395. But you better order quickly to have Tony and Ira start your build… this special edition is only available until October 20th! Learn more at Breadwinner Cycles.