In case you missed it, and you’re interested trailer-packing, Burley launched an interesting new plus-tire trailer. The Coho XC features a 3.0″ tire option, a wide range of hub compatibility via its variable width hitch, multiple accessory mounts, and more…
Rugged and technical terrain is a staple on many modern bikepacking routes. For that reason, trailers are often overlooked in favor of bikepacking bags and packs. However, the new Burley Coho XC looks to solve many of the issues that arise from such rough and tumble rambles. Ultimately, the Coho XC range is targeted toward a variety of riding styles, including singletrack bikepacking and long-distance touring. Features to bolster durability and increase maneuverability include a 16 x 3.0″ tire option, coil-sprung suspension for reduced stress on trailer and gear, and a level frame and fender for maximum security of long or oversize objects. Watch the video below and find photos and specs farther down.
Specs (from Burley)
- Coil-spring suspension stabilizes the trailer and gear, reducing structural stress and creating a smoother ride on rough terrain.
- Hitching system allows for quick and easy installation and removal from a wide range of bike types.
- Adjustable width yoke allows for simple, tool-free adjustment and installation on a wide range of hub widths (126-197mm).
- Burley Ballz™ dual ball hitch lets the yoke snap quickly into place with dual locking cams.
- Release handle simultaneously disconnects both cam locks with one hand.
- Height-adjustable kickstand holds trailer and bike upright for easy loading and unloading of cargo.
- Removable side panels.
- Cargo bay allows for 70+ liters of storage, with numerous points for strapping down additional gear.
- Plus compatible rear fork allows for three tire options (16” x 3” Plus size wheel, 16” x 2.125” off-road wheel and 16” x 1.75” road tire). Off-road wheel included with Coho XC.
- Accessory mounts for bottle cages or other tools.
- Level frame and fender for securing long and oversized objects to trailer.
- Tool-free takedown: quickly disassembles into compact footprint for storage and travel.
- Side panels and cargo net are included.
- Flag holder doubles as bottle opener.
- Single wheel provides slimmer profile, allowing access on narrow single-track and lower rolling resistance.
- Customizable setup with optional accessories: The Coho Pannier Rack and Pannier Set provide additional capacity over the rear wheel. Stow gear in the Dry Bag and conquer snow and sand with the Coho 16+ Wheel.
- Aluminum frame.
- Capacity 70lbs (31.8kg)
- Weight 21.5lbs (9.74kg)
- Height 21.25″ (53.97cm)
- Width 17″ (43.18cm)
- Length 66.5″ (168.91cm)
- Cargo Space 70 liters
- Wheel Size 16″ (41cm)
- Size Open L x W x H 32.5 x 22 x 22.5″ (82.6 x 55.9 x 57.1cm)
- Size Folded L x W x H 31.75 x 17.5 x 13.75 (80.6 x 44.5 x 34.9cm)
The Burley Coho XC Trailer won the 2018 Eurobike Award and is available at dealers now starting at $419.00. For more information, check out Burley.com.
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
New Bikepacking Gear
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.