Designed and handmade by Jay Ritchey (Bags By Bird) in Atlanta, GA, the new BXB Better Half Framebag is a wedge style frame pack made specifically for road bikes and gravel rigs with classic lines and 0-10° of top tube slope. The Better Half features two expandable compartments to stow away layers and food which are accessed via flip-top lids with magnetic buckles. See photos and specs below…
BXB Better Half Framebag Features
- One large compartment on the drive side and one slim compartment for phone/wallet on the non drive side.
- One-handed flap closure with magnetic Fidlock buckles.
- Molle attachment points around perimeter of bag for easy strapping. Bag comes with 6 double sided straps that are long enough to wrap around carbon frames.
- Internal padding around parimeter where there bag comes in contact with frame.
- Water bladder hose port
- Capacity: SM: 2.5L, MD: 3L, LG: 3.5L
- Weight (Black Multicam Xpac fabric) SM: 8.4 oz, MD: 8.7 oz, LG: 9.3 oz
- Handmade in ATL, GA
The BXB Better Half Framebag comes in three sizes which differ in height to accommodate various head tube lengths. Each size is 12″ long and 2.5″ wide (see sizing info-graphic above for all dimensions).
- Small: likely in the 46cm-52cm frame size range with head tube lenghts around 75-120-ish millimeters. 1″ or less of head tube between the top tube and down tube.
- Medium: probably in the 52cm-58cm range, where head tubes can range 120-180-ish millimeters. 1″-3″ of head tube between the top tube and down tube.
- Large: frames in the 58cm-63cm range, with 180-230-ish millimeter head tubes. 3-4.5″ of head tube between the top tube and down tube.
The BXB Better Half Framebag is produced in small batches and are expected to sell out quickly. Jay is hoping to do batches of these every few weeks and switch up the fabric colors every time. Order one as of today at 3PM EST for $110 at BagsxBird.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.