Our 95th Collective Reward giveaway comes courtesy of Jay Ritchey of Bags by Bird (@bagsxbird), who’ll be sewing one of his Piccolo Short Flap Bags for one randomly selected Bikepacking Collective member. Our lucky winner will be able to choose between large or small sizes and any available color, a $195 value.
Miles recently reviewed the Piccolo (check that out here), and he concluded that BXB nailed the design, especially its versatile size(s), robust construction, and utilitarian touches. Offered in a 10L or 13.5L size, the Piccolo is a smaller sibling to the BXB Goldback saddlebag, which we also reviewed here. It’s equally at home up front on the handlebars or back behind the saddle, and it includes Voile straps, foam spacers, and a nylon strap to get you started. Its reckless design and compact size make it well-suited to rigs with limited clearance between the bars/front tire or saddle/rear tire and for those running narrower bars. Find more specs and details over at BagsxBird.com.
BXB Piccolo Features
- Removable external wooden dowel sleeve at main top strap point acts as a stiffening batten for the bag.
- Additional removable lower external dowel sleeve that helps prevent the bag from folding over the head tube, reducing sway and increasing rigidity and tire clearance.
- Removable HDPE rigid body liner.
- Hypalon panel on underside and back for lashing to racks, head-tube and seat-posts. Very good against abrasion.
- Triple stitched main seams
- Fabric, straps, buckles made in U.S.A.
- Sewn in Atlanta, GA
Support from our members makes BIKEPACKING.com possible. If you enjoy reading the site, please consider joining our Bikepacking Collective. Membership is open to anyone, anywhere in the world, and members are automatically entered to win bi-monthly Collective Rewards (including a BXB Piccolo), receive two issues of The Bikepacking Journal in the mail each year, have access to exclusive industry discounts, and lots more.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.