Following the launch of the compelling Faran 2.0, the latest Secan 2.0 borrows a similar look and a few bells and whistles from its sibling. While Fairlight hasn’t released the design notes on the Secan 2.0 yet, it the light and fast Secan 2.0 is a little more speed-oriented than it’s all-rounder sibling, Faran. While they both share the same unique 20 x 30mm oval top tube and (relatively) the same tire clearance, Fairlight switched from the stiffer, touring-oriented Reynolds 853 tubing used on the Faran to the more compliant Reynolds 631 for the Secan. Furthering the Secan’s tendencies toward gravel-endurance, the most visible difference between the two is the use of a carbon fork on the Secan, as well as an oversized headtube to accommodate the tapered steerer. We’ll add more when we know more, but here are the current specs on the bike, photos, and pricing details…
- Tubes made in Birmingham, England. Frames hand-built in mainland Europe.
- Custom butted and formed Reynolds 853/853-DZB front triangle.
- Custom 0.8/0.5./0.8 Reynolds 853 top tube. 20 x 30mm oval.
- Custom 1.0/0.8/0.5/0.8 Reynolds 853 Gravel DZB (double zonal butted) down tube. 30 x 40mm bi-oval.
- Custom formed 4130 rear end. 19mm round chainstays @ 0.9mm wall thickness. 14mm non-taper seat stays @ 0.8mm wall thickness.
- All new Fairlight Cempa 2.0 100x12mm full carbon Fork with 1.1/2″-1.1/8″ tapered steerer. Cargo mounts and internal dynamo routing. More details here
- Bentley x Fairlight 142x12mm flat-mount dropouts.
- Front and rear Fairlight axles.
- Fairlight 3d printed cable guide.
- Di2 compatible.
- Internal routing for rear dynamo lamps. Drive and non-drive mounting options. See design notes.
- Front and rear mudguard mounts.
- Rear rack mounts
- 3 sets of bottle bosses
- Tyre clearance with 1x (based on actual measured tyre width) – 650 x 57mm or 700 x 50mm
- Tyre clearance with 1x and mudguards – 650 × 55mm or 700 × 45mm
- Tyre clearance with 2x – 650 x 57 or 700 x 47mm
- Tyre clearance with 2x and mudguards – 650 x 48mm or 700 x 42mm (based on an Ultegra R8000 front derailleur)
- Note: Tyre heights can vary depending on tread pattern and brand. Rim widths can also have a significant effect on tyre height. As well as this front derailleurs can vary in size. So the above measurements are a guide only. They are based on CAD drawing information and actual physical tests with a range of tyres.
- 68mm threaded BB shell.
- Compatible with 50Tx34T max double or 44T max single.
- 28.6mm band on front derailleur.
- 27.2mm seatpost.
- Maximum 160mm disc rotors front and rear.
- SHIS Headset specificaiton – ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40.
The Fairlight Secan 2.0 is available in sizes ranging from 51-61cm in three colors (Deep Orange, Deep Blue, and Black). The frameset starts at £1,199 with complete models available ranging from £2,249-£3,499. Starting today, preorders are open with a deposit of £500 with frame sets starting to ship in late January of 2021. Learn more over at FairlightCycles.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.