The Hope F20 has long been one of our favorite flat pedals. Cass Gilbert is still rocking a pair after six years of continuous use. And if you know Cass, you know how much he rides, which speaks volumes for their durability. Today, the Barnoldswick, England-based company announced the F22, a fully retooled version of their longstanding flat pedal. Read on for details.
We’re happy to report that the F22 has the same proven internal layout as the F20, using the same three internal cartridge bearings and internal and external seals, which are all fully serviceable. Hope claims to have revised the axle design for more strength and long-term durability.
The major point of differentiation between the F20 and F22 is a completely re-designed platform. The Hope F22 flat pedal is machined in-house from a single block of 2014-T6 aluminum and has a dual concave profile as well as a new 105 x 102mm asymmetric shape that extends further out to provide better shoe support and a planted feel. The F22 platform also comes with 22 pins—logically, the F20 had 20—with an all-new design. The pins are height adjustable and feature a unique hex shape designed to help keep your shoe locked in place. Find the specs from Hope below and scroll down for their launch video.
- Redesigned 105 x 102mm platform
- 5-axis machined body (in Barnoldswick, UK)
- Larger concave dome profile for stable foot support and a superior planted feel.
- Asymmetric and Tapered shape for the right balance between foot stability & clearance on tight trails and in ruts.
- Longer and adjustable pins with a unique hex shape face for extra bite
- Enhanced concavity with shorter pins used towards the centre of the platform
- Reverse loading pins so less chance of getting stuck or untightening on the trail
- Proven internals from F20 remain
- Three cartridge bearings and an IGUS bushing
- Internal and external sealing prevents any ingress of dirt and debris
- Fully serviceable and re-buildable
- Revised axle design for improved strength and impact resistance
- Weight 360g per pair
The Hope F22 flat pedal is available now for £145.00/€180.00/$183.50 in Purple, Silver, Black, Blue, Orange, and Red. Find details at HopeTech.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.