Started by two riders from Traverse City, Michigan, Pine Cycles is a new bike brand based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Today, Pine announced their debut frame: the RASA, an all-road/gravel frame designed around 700C x 35mm, 650B x 48mm, or 26 x 2.3″ tires with either disc or rim brakes. The RASA features custom dropout inserts and multiple fork offerings, allowing it to be built up for all-day road riding, gravel biking, tracklocross, light touring, commuting, or dirt-road bikepacking, according to the company.
The frame is made from high-quality Columbus Zona tubing with an English threaded BB with a claimed frame weight of 4.09 pounds (1859g) in the size 56. Pine Cycles resurrected the 1 1/4″ headtube standard from 90s mountain bikes, providing a slim, elegant, and lightweight headtube compared to larger oversized headtubes. The RASA dropouts are another unique feature, which were designed in collaboration with Lichen Precision. Inserts are available for 12 x 142mm flat mount disc brakes, 130 x 10 QR inserts for road rim brakes, and 135 x 10 Horizontal Track inserts.
Pine Cycles RASA Tech Specs
- Steel Frames Proudly Made in USA
- Columbus Zona Tubing, Front & Rear Triangle
- Custom 1 1/4” Headtube
- Carbon Disc Fork Includes Custom White Industries Headset (EC37/28.6 | EC37/33)
- Steel Fork Includes Adapters for Standard 1 1/8” Hedsets (EC34/28.6 | EC34/30)
- External Routing Under Downtube / Internal Under Toptube
- Max Tire Clearance 700×35, 650×48, 26×2.3
- Max Chainring: 1x – 44T / 2x – 50T/34T
- 28.6mm band on front derailleur
- 29.8/30.0mm Seatpost Collar
- 68mm Threaded BB shell
- 3 Sets of Bottle Bosses
- 27.2mm Seatpost
- Carbon Disc Brake – Allied All Road Fork / 1 ⅛” – 1 ¼” Tapered Steerer / 12×100 Axle / 48mm Rake / 375mm A to C / Matte Black
- Steel Disc/Rim Brake – Pine Segmented Fork / 1 ⅛” Straight Steerer / QRx100 Axle / 50mm Rake / 375mm A to C / Gloss Black
- Carbon Rim Brake – Whisky No.7 RD+ Mid Reach Fork / 1 ⅛” Straight Steerer / QRx100 Axle /
- 45mm Rake / 375mm A to C / Matte Black
The Pine Cycles RASA frame is available for $2,400 with a carbon disc fork, or you can get a steel disc/rim brake fork and frame for $2,100. Orders placed by January 28 will ship at the end February 2022 and require a 50% deposit due at the time of order. Find more details at PineCycles.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.