The titanium Kinesis Tripster ATR (Adventure Tour Race) has been around for a while and recently saw quite a few changes for its third iteration. Based on the updates, the Tripster ATR V3 appears to be more capable for off-road exploits, on paper, at least. First off, it now has improved tire clearance for 700c x 45mm or 650b x 50mm tires. Other frame changes include a new cold drawn seamless 3Al/2.5V titanium tube set, and machined headtube, which Kinesiss claims adds to its strength and rider comfort. It also gets a new seatstay junction for added strength and flattened seat stays for improved vibration damping. The ATR V3 also comes with the brand new Kinesis Range Fork, a carbon fork with triple mount bosses for more load carrying options. Here are photos and the spec list followed by more details.
- All new tube set with color laser etching.
- Flattened seat stays for rear end compliance.
- Updated geometry with new sizing structure.
- New Kinesis ‘Range’ adventure fork with cargo mounts.
- Increased clearance for 700c x 45mm and 650 x 50mm tires.
- Three bottle cage mounts with multi position options on the down tube and seat tube.
- Wireless, electronic and 1x / 2x mechanical gearing compatible.
- Mudguard mounts.
- 142 x 12mm Thru Axle rear spacing.
- 100 x 12mm Thru Axle front fork.
- GW ‘Switch Lever’ axles front and rear.
- 68mm threaded BB.
- 31.6mm seat post required.
- Kinesis designed tapered headset with ACB bearings.
- Sizes: 50 / 52 / 54 / 56 / 58 / 60 / 62cm.
- Warranty: 5 years.
- Weight: 1.88kg (56cm with hanger and all fittings).
A couple other tweaks on the Kinesis Tripster ATR V3 are improved cable routing provided by an exit window on the downtube, outer cable stops that replace the downtube opening, and a plastic cable guide for lower maintenance. Kinesis also improved the fit for a wider range of riders. The two smallest sizes have a semi sloping top tube for greater seat post extension and comfort. They’ve also given them longer reaches (recommended with shorter stems) for less toe overlap on smaller sizes.
The Kinesis Tripster ATR V3 frameset comes with the Range fork, headset, titanium seat clamp, front and rear through axles, frame ports, and cable guides for £2,200.00. Learn more over at kinesisbikes.co.uk.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.