Over the weekend, Berlin-based bike accessory brand Allygn released another batch of their Diamond Rack, which we recently reviewed in our roundup of small and light front racks. And they also added a new model to their lineup at the same time: the Grill Rack. Still small and light, the Allygn Grill Rack is slightly bigger than the Diamond, offering more loading capacity. Find the details below.
Made from thin-walled 0.8mm 25CrMo4 tubing, the Grill Rack maintains a svelte 350 gram weight, yet Allygn claims it’s robust and sturdy enough to carry a handlebar bag or a six-pack of beer. It looks like it might be a good candidate for a basket, although Allygn doesn’t provide a load rating number. The Grill Rack comes with fully adjustable 270mm stays for fork lowrider eyelets or canti studs, and they offer 415mm stays for dropout mounting as well. Similar to the Diamond we reviewed, the rack also features a dedicated light mount and light cable routing with custom-designed zip tie guides.
- Material: Rack made from 25CrMo4 0.8mm thin wall steel tubing, aluminum mounting struts
- Weight: 350 grams
- Cable Routing: Custom-designed zip tie cable guides for dedicated light cable routing
- Light Mount: Overhead direct M6 lightmount, J-light mount for upright mounted headlights
- Finish: Matte powder coating
- Country of manufacture: Taiwan
- Includes: Grill Front Rack, complete mounting hardware, light braket, zip ties, manual, stickers
Similar to the Allygn Diamond Rack, the Grill Rack is made in small batches and comes with a pretty high price tag of €200. Learn more about it att Allygn.de and if you’d like to make a purchase, you can do so at fern-fahrraeder.de. Stay tuned, as we’ll plan to take a closer look at one soon.
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.