Posted by Logan Watts
Similar to the current X-ALP Launch, the new Pearl Izumi X-ALP Elevate is an aggressive do-anything shoe, that’s, according to Pearl Izumi, apt for an enduro race or a adventure deep in the backcountry. Like the Launch, the Elevate has a heavily-lugged Vibram outsole and a single BOA closure allowing the fit to be adjusted at the upper portion of the shoe. The X-ALP Elevate also features a Velcro strap toward the toes to further adjust the fore of the shoe.
The Pearl Izumi X-ALP Elevate has a 3-layer bonded seamless upper, which should add to the durability of the shoe. Here are the specs from Pearl Izumi:
- Advanced 3-Layer Seamless Composite Upper delivers all-day riding comfort and durability
- Zonal Bi-directional Closure wraps the foot for a semi-custom fit and secure foot retention
- Boa® IP1 dials allow 1mm micro-adjustability and pop up for full release
- Nylon/carbon composite 3⁄4 shank for efficient power transfer and off-the-bike versatility
- Lightweight EVA midsole for off-the-bike cushioning and all-day comfort
- Aggressive lugged Vibram® Megagrip compound outsole for superior traction and durability
The Pearl Izumi will be available in January for $180 and will come in two colors for both men and women. The red shown above is the women’s version and the arctic blue is the men’s. They will be also be available in black for men (sizes 39-47 in half sizes, 48, 49) and women (36-43 in half sizes).
The X-ALP Elevate weighs 405g in size 43 and 375g in size 40.