It’s no secret that the Porcelain Rocket Mr. Fusion is one of our favorite seat packs. I’ve taken mine to the ends of the earth and it still has plenty of life left in it. One of its biggest selling points its stable, sway-proof design enabled by a 4130 chromoly mini-rack. Aside from the rack, Mr. F is made up of a harness and seam-welded 210D diamond ripstop waterproof drybag. The harness design makes the dry bag easy to load and remove for in the tent packing and unpacking. And while the original Mr. Fusion can be cinched down a fairly narrow form factor, smaller riders are often challenged with very little room between the saddle and tire, making it impossible to fit. As an answer to this spacial conundrum, Porcelain Rocket just released an even smaller version, the Mr. Fusion Mini.
The Porcelain Rocket Mr. Fusion Mini requires only 4” (10 cm) of exposed seatpost and 6” (15.2 cm) between saddle and tire. The regular Mr. Fusion requires 8″ (20.3 cm). It has all the same features as the original Mr. Fusion and Mr. Fusion XL — including the newly added Trucker Hitch 2:1 side compression straps, just smaller with a variable volume of 4-9 liters (Mr. Fusion allows up to 13L). Here is the full spec:
- 440g complete (including drybag, rack, seatpost clamp, and all hardware)
- 4130 Chromoly mini-rack (built by Hunter Cycles in Santa Cruz, CA)
- Proprietary RF-welded 210D diamond ripstop drybag included (made in the USA)
- 500D & 330D CORDURA® main panel construction
- HDPE Stiffened side panels to avoid thigh rub
- Bartacked at all critical stress points
- Duraflex™ acetyl buckles throughout
- CNC’d 6061 aluminum seatpost clamps (machined in Calgary, by Fidelity Machine)
- Full stainless steel rack attachment hardware included
- Requires 6″ between seat rails and tire (when rear suspension is fully compressed on FS bikes), and about 4″ of exposed seatpost
- 4 – 9L capacity
- Trucker Hitch 2:1 side compression straps
- Double-back main seatpost attachment
- Handmade in Canada
Mr. Fusion Mini weighs 440 grams complete and is available in black, multi-cam, must-cam black, gray, and olive for $200CAD (that’s about $156 USD as of the date of this posting). Mr. Fusion Mini is available on their store now.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.