Completely redesigned with the same updates as the 8L system, the full-size, 14L Terrapin System is now in its third iteration. The modular seat pack system still consists of a holster and waterproof removable drybag, but the new system improves on stability, ease of use, and durability. We’ve started testing one and can verify those first couple claims. Stay tuned for a full review. Until then, here are all the details:
Adopting features from the 8L Terrapin System, the redesigned 14L version features Revelate’s Indie-Rail attachment system. In lieu of conventional saddle rail straps, which are fixed to the top center of the bag, the Indie-Rail straps cinch around the saddle rails from the side of the harness, up and over the rails, and attach to the sides of the bag. Based on our testing, this does an excellent job at eliminating the side-to-side bag sway that was evident in the prior Terrapin. This combined with a rigid internal structure and new cam buckles does a really good job at making the whole system stable.
Adding to its stability is an external plastic bottom skid-plate which protects the bottom of the bag like a fender. And, for added utility, the harness also features an external webbing and loop system that houses a bungee to provide external storage. The nitty gritty:
- Materials: Revelate exclusive VX 21 X-pac; Rhinotec; Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated ripstop nylon with air purge valve
- Indie-Rail attachment system and active cam hardware provide a super stable mount without added hardware.
- Radio frequency welded drybag with air purge valve
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet
- Aluminum hardware at high-stress points
- Composite internal top frame sheet
- Revelate exclusive RevX-PAC panels that are 2 times as abrasion resistant as standard VX material.
- Foam-stiffened side panels with fiberglass compression stays
- External webbing and bungee for additional storage
- Integrated velcro strap keepers
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Compatible with Thudbuster with use of Thudbuster extension
- 8.5″ Minimum tire clearance required from saddle rails
- Weight (holster system/drybag) 14oz/4.25oz (397g/120g)
- Volume 14 Liters
- Price $155
- Manufacturer’s Details RevelateDesigns.com
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.