Posted by Miles Arbour
Ritchey’s latest handlebar takes flare to a whole new level. The Ritchey Beacon dishes out a super-wide 36° drop flare, providing better control on rough terrain as well as more room for handlebar bags when riding loaded. The shallow 80mm drops and shorter than usual reach also add to the bar’s overall comfort, while a gentle backsweep helps keep your hands in a more natural position. The Beacon is available in a double-butted 6061 alloy Comp model and a slightly lighter weight triple-butted 7050 alloy WCS model. Find specs on both below.
- Material: double-butted 6061 alloy (Comp) or triple-butted 7050 alloy (WCS)
- Width: 400, 420, 440, 460mm
- Drop: 80mm
- Reach: 65mm
- Drop Flare: 36°
- Back Sweep: 4.5°
- Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm
- Weight (420mm): 300g (Comp), 270g (WCS)
- Price: $46.95 (Comp), $99.95 (WCS)
- Manufacturer’s Details: RitcheyLogic.com
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure to check out our complete list and guide to flared drop bars.