Sklar Bikes has always been focused on custom bikes, and will remain so, but the Sweet Spot is the brand’s first “production” bike. Still handmade in Bozeman, Montana, the mission behind the Sweet Spot is to reduce wait time for a particularly popular style of bike, and one that Adam takes very seriously. According to Adam, “The Sweet Spot has a well-balanced design that makes for efficient climbing and confident descending on rides short and long. It is not a 6” trail bike that flies down hills but drags going up, nor is it an XC race rig that climbs like a breeze but lacks stability in descent. The Sklar Sweet Spot came to be through designing, building, and riding hundreds of different mountain bikes over the past decade. In that time, Sklar has refined geometry and materials to create a mountain bike that truly does it all.”
Sklar is opening up just 15 spots in the queue for the Sweet Spot that will be delivered late spring/early summer of this year. The last pre-order for these bikes sold out in just seven minutes, so you’ll want to set an alarm for this one if you don’t want to miss out! The pre-order goes live Monday, January 17th, at 9 a.m. MST.
- 150mm Travel (designed for 51mm offset, 551mm AC)
- 73mm BSA Bottom bracket Shell
- EC34mm/44mm Headset (Size M&L) 44mm (size S)
- Clearance for up to a 36T chainring (boost chainline)
- Stainless Steel 3D printed Chainstay Yoke
- External Cable routing
- Frame Material: Double butted, Air-Hardened Chromoly Steel. (Vari-Wall, Columbus and NOS True Temper)
- 148x12mm BOOST Spacing, Syntace dropout
- 180mm Post Mount rear brake
- Designed for 29” x 2.6”-2.8” tires
- 31.6mm Seat post (stealth routing)
- 3 bottle cages, one under the Down tube
Head over to SklarBikes.com to learn more.
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.