The latest addition to SPOT’s line of satellite communication devices is the SPOT Gen4, building on the popular Gen3, a favourite amongst bikepackers worldwide. The Gen4 sees a complete redesign: the body itself has a complete new look and is now upgraded to IP68 for improved water resistance. It’s still powered by 4x AAA batteries, and is rated for 1,250 Check-In and Custom Messages on a single set. Find a breakdown of its features and specs, as well as SPOT’s product overview video, below.
SPOT Gen4 Features
- Enhanced Design: The new Gen4 has a sleek new look with improved grip and design features that snap in place to securely cover the Help and S.O.S. buttons. It’s rugged, portable, and includes a new multi-use carabiner and strap.
- Upgraded IP68 Rating: Offers increased water resistance, up to 30 minutes at two meters in water.
- Motion Activated Tracking: SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas in SPOT Mapping.
- Battery Life: The new Gen4 offers the longest battery life in the product category far surpassing performance of alternative battery powered GPS messengers.
- SPOT Mapping: Live and historical map views to view or share your SPOT locations for a minimum of three years. Optional upgrades available to meet user-defined mapping needs.
- Dimensions: 3.48 x 2.66 x 0.93″
- Weight: 142 grams (5oz)
- Operating Temperature: -22F to 140F
- Vibration Rating: Per SAE J1455
- Water / Dust Rating: IP68
SPOT Gen4 is available online at FindMeSpot.com and at retailers nationwide. The device retails for $149.99 USD with both month-to-month Flex plans and annual service plans beginning at $11.95 per month.
See more at FindMeSpot.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.