Inspired by the Pamir Highway – traversing Central Asia’s Pamir Mountains – the new Pamira from UK-based Stanforth Bikes is built for loaded riding off the beaten path. And like all of Stanforth’s bikes, the Pamira is handmade to order in the UK and can be tailored to your measurements at no extra cost.
The frame features bosses for front and rear racks, four bottle cage mounts, fender mounts, as well as three-pack bosses on the fork. It has routing for both Rohloff and derailleur gearing with dropout inserts for easily switching between the two. The Pamira is built from a mix of heat treated Reynolds 853 and 725 steel in the main triangle and air hardened 631 in the rear triangle. It’ll clear up to a 27.5” x 2.4” or 700c x 2.2″ tire.
Stanforth Pamira Complete Built
Price of the complete Pamira is £2,995 ($3,800), which includes the frame being custom built to best fit the rider. Customers can either drop in to visit Stanforth in the UK or send in measurements. There are a number of stock colors available, or your can pick any color of your own for an additional fee.
- Frame and Fork Stanforth Pamira
- Headset Cane Creek 40
- Rims DT Swiss E512 Disc (27.5″ or 700c)
- Hubs Shimano Deore XT M8000 32 hole centre-lock disc
- Tires Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.35″ or Marathon Plus MTB 700c x 2.1″
- Handlebar Jones H-Bend bar
- Stem 80mm alloy 4-bolt ahead
- Grips ESI Chunky or Ergon GP1
- Crankset Shimano Deore M6000 40/30/22
- Bottom Bracket Shimano XT MT800 HollowTech II
- Pedals Shimano PD-GR500 MTB or PD-A530 SPD
- Cassette Shimano Deore 11-36 10-speed
- Brakes TRP Spyke MTB mechanical disc
- Brake Levers Shimano Deore T610
- Shifter(s) Microshift SL-M10 10-speed
- Front Derailleur Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur Shimano XT M781 SGS
- Saddle Brooks Cambium C17 black All-Weather
- Seatpost Aluminium, 350mm black, 31.6mm
Stanforth Pamira Frameset
The Pamira can also be ordered as a frame and fork only for £1,350 ($1,715). As with the complete build, it’s available in one of several stock colors, or a custom color for a small additional charge.
You can find additional details about the Pamira, along with Stanforth’s other custom frames, by visiting them online at StanforthBikes.com.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.