There’s no question that pogies are the ultimate choice for cold-weather riding and bikepacking. Their fully enclosed design creates a microclimate for your hands, sheds snow and wind, and keeps your precious digits comfortable in the coldest of climates. They also allow for smaller, less bulky gloves to be worn underneath, which makes operating your bike’s controls easier compared to wearing a bulky winter glove. 45NRTH updated their Cobrafist Pogies for 2021 to include some promising features that build on one of our favourite options. Find a breakdown of what’s changed below.
- Updated ‘entry’ cuff. It’s now at an angle to accommodate better entry/riding, allowing for a more relaxed elbows out riding position.
- Zippers above and below for venting and heat regulation.
- Updated and reflective graphics.
- Stitched-in foam donut (to seal the pogie around cables), so no more lost donuts on the trail.
- Insulation: 400g synthetic insulation
- Outer Shell: Tear-resistant nylon
- Lining: 68D lightweight poly
- Size: One size (fits flat bars 640mm and wider)
- Temperature Rating: 0°F to 15°F (-18°C to -9°C)
- Price: $130 USD
- Manufacturer’s Details: 45NRTH.com
You can find my thoughts on the previous Cobrafist pogies along with some insight into the history of cycling pogies here.