Slated for an October delivery, Velo Orange just put up a pre-sale for its Neutrino, a “mini-velo” bike they claim is a super-versatile, travel-worthy companion. The Neutrino in available as both a frameset and complete option.
So who’s the Neutrino for? Mini-velo bikes are ideal for city and apartment dwellers, multi-modal travelers, or anyone who has limited space. For city and apartment dwellers, the size of the Neutrino makes getting the into your building, up stairs, and stashing it in your apartment far easier. In addition, smaller 20″ wheels offer quick acceleration and cheap wheel builds, not to mention, ease of packing.
Cycling trips often involve a combination of planes, trains, autos, and busses, with additional fees for bikes that can add up quickly. The Neutrino can be disassembled and inserted into the relatively small cardboard box that it comes with, or into a travel bag that VO is currently working on specifically for the Neutrino.
Velo Orange Neutrino Specs
Here’s all the details about the frameset (look at all those mounts!):
- 4130 double butted chromoly frame and fork that accepts fenders and rack
- Unicrown fork with accommodations for fenders, Randonneur Rack, and even a Mojave Cage or a bikepacking-style cage
- Bottle cage mounts for seattube, downtube, and under-downtube
- 406 Bead Seat Diameter wheel size. That’s BMX, so high-quality rims and tires are cheap, plentiful, and strong.
- Clearance for 2.3″ tires WITH fenders. Holy cow!
- Sliding, 135mm QR dropouts for geared, single speed, or internally geared hubs
- Disc brake mounts (POST rear, IS front). We suggest 160mm rotors.
- Full length, external cable routing
- 1 1/8″ threadless steerer
- 31.6mm seatpost, compatible with external droppers
- Paint is Cool Gray with Galactic Glitter
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.