In Search of The Storm: Himalayan Winter.
In Search of The Storm is a film that documents a fat biking expedition that took three guys to the very edge of the Indian Himalayas… in the dead of winter.
“A few months ago, as we sat across the table sipping one cup of tea after another, we saw this tiny speck on the map and it had a name too, Chitkul. It was the last Indian village on the map and right ahead lay Tibet.”
This was the founding moment that led these gentlemen on a winter, fat bike journey to a small village at the Indo-Tibetan border. The route they followed was one that typically sees a steady influx of summer travelers, seeking breathtaking views and Himalayan scenery. But come the onset of winter, these same towns and villages are all but abandoned; even the heartiest of locals are driven to lower ground.
Watch this refreshing, personal account of a challenging and snowy traverse through one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world.
Full story at: untold.in
Explorers: Naveed Mulki, Rishabh Malhotra & Pankaj Singh
Moving Pictures: Shaktiraj Singh Jadeja
Visual Effects: Akshay MV
Produced by: Untold, in association with Surly Bikes
Music by: Sign Post “Sleep Son” & Ludovico Einaudi “Experience”
New in plog
- Aug 24, 2019A Post-Race Interview with Jakub Sliacan, Winner of the 2019 Silk Road Mountain Race
- Aug 23, 2019Life at 7km/hour: Family Bikepacking in New Zealand
- Aug 22, 2019We Are One Composites: Hand Laid in Canada
- Aug 21, 2019Escape to Catalina (video)
- Aug 21, 20192019 Silk Road Mountain Race Report 1 (Days 1-4)