The Cross Florida Individual Time Trial is Florida’s Premier Off road Ultra Endurance Event. It is a one of a kind coast to coast bikepacking/Ultra Running challenge, the only one of its kind in the United States.
The Cross Florida Individual Time Trial is Florida’s Premier Off-road Ultra Endurance Event. It is a one-of-a-kind-coast-to-coast bikepacking/Ultra Running challenge, the first of its kind in the United States.
There will be no cue sheets provided for this route, only a GPX file and instructions on how to use the said file. Riders/Runners are required to use a GPS; Garmin Etrex 20 or better is recommended.
The route is 300 miles of mixed terrain: Singletrack, forest road, paved roads, bike trails, double track, and grassy abandoned easements. This is an at-your-own-risk personal challenge that each rider voluntarily wants to engage in. There is merely a recommended start time for the route, but riders/runners can start at any time by coordinating their official start times with the event organizer beforehand.
At this time, we are not sure if the ferry will be available for rider transport.
Tracking is established by using a Tracking device. Tracking devices are required for participation as we will be providing an online page to track riders’ progress. We will contact riders to discuss their options on how to be tracked for this event.
Follow along live below:
We are Hoping the Ferry will return this year; if it does, the route will be closer to 250 miles.
There will be a shuttle available, spots are limited to the first 30 folks who register for this option. The shuttle will pick up in Steinhatchee at noon on December 9th and transport riders to New Smyrna Beach. The designated parking spot for shuttle riders is approximately 5 miles from the finish line. The price of the shuttle is 90$; add that ticket option to your cart to secure your spot. Shuttle spots are refundable as long as it’s canceled four weeks before the event start date.
Once you register, you will get a link to a google drive folder that will contain the information. You must allow messages from Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com to receive this information. If not, it will go to your spam folder. Route info is licensed per individual and must be downloaded from the google drive folder and opened with a compatible program to use and view.
1. You must complete the route under your own power. Once you set foot in a motored power vehicle, you voluntarily withdraw from the challenge. THERE are exceptions made to this rule in cases of medical emergencies. If you are injured and need help, get healthy, and you can rejoin the course at your convenience.
2. There is a no drafting rule in effect.
3. You must be able to carry yourself the length of the route safely. You can only obtain supplies from commercial establishments along or near the route. You cannot pre-arrange any kind of support or supplies, and no SAG vehicles are allowed. NO TRAIL MAGIC ALLOWED. THIS MEANS ANYONE OFFERS YOU ANYTHING; YOU SAY NO.
4. There will be three checkpoints where you are required to provide photographic evidence for. Some checkpoints may require video documentation. To prove that you passed these areas, you can either email your pics and videos to Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com or post them on your Facebook or Instagram for me to see and verify.
5. You can take as long as you need to complete the challenge; there is no time limit and no cut-offs. Every rider/RUNNER will participate in a mass start if they start with the group the day of the event.
You make a 50$ minimum donation to participate in the event. In return for this donation, you will receive the route file, the trail guide, the waypoint restock file, and one souvenir. Whether you attend the event or not, that is what your donation covers; there are NO REFUNDS.
Your Donation does go a long way to keep me working on new routes and projects and maintaining the ever-evolving existing routes and future projects. Generosity is encouraged and generally will provide good luck during the event!!!
I hope this is the year you decide to give the route a try.
Questions? Email me at email@example.com