The Cross Florida Individual Time Trial is Florida’s Premier Off road Ultra Endurance Event. It is a one of a kind coast to coast bikepacking/Ultra Running challenge, the only one of its kind in the United States.
The Cross Florida Individual Time Trial is Florida’s Premier Off-road Ultra Endurance Event. It is a one-of-a-kind-coast-to-coast bikepacking/Ultra Running challenge, the first of its kind in the United States.
There will be no cue sheets provided for this route, only a GPX file and instructions on how to use the said file. Riders/Runners are required to use a GPS, Garmin Etrex 20 or better is recommended.
The route is 300 miles of mixed terrain: Singletrack, forest road, paved roads, bike trails, double track, and grassy abandoned easements. This is an at your own risk personal challenge that each rider voluntarily wants to engage in. There is merely a recommended start time for the route, but riders/runners can start at any time coordinating their official start times with the event organizer beforehand.
The Ferry Crossing is scheduled to return this year after being damaged 4 years ago by a hurricane.
Tracking is established by using a Tracking device. Tracking devices are required for participation as we will be providing an online page to track rider’s progress. We will contact riders to discuss their options on how to be tracked for this event.
We are Hoping the Ferry will return this year, if it does, the route will be closer to 250 miles.
1. You must complete the route under your own power. Once you set foot in a motored power vehicle you are voluntarily withdrawing from the challenge. THERE are exceptions made to this rule in cases of medical emergencies. If you are injured and need help, get healthy and you can rejoin the course at your convenience.
2. There is a no drafting rule in effect.
3. You must be able to safely carry yourself the length of the route. You can only obtain supplies from commercial establishments along or near the route. You cannot pre-arrange any kind of support or supplies and there are no SAG vehicles allowed. NO TRAIL MAGIC ALLOWED. THIS MEANS ANYONE OFFERS YOU ANYTHING YOU SAY NO.
4. There will be 3 checkpoints that you are required to provide photographic evidence for. Some checkpoints may require video documentation. In an effort to prove that you passed these areas you can either email your pics and videos to Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com or you can post them on your Facebook wall for me to see and verify.
5. You can take as long as you need to complete the challenge, there is no time limit and no cut-offs. Every rider/RUNNER will participate in a mass start if they start with the group the day of the event.
There is a 50$ minimum donation that you make to participate in the event. In return for this donation, you will receive the route file, the trail guide, the waypoint restock file and two souvenirs. Whether you attend the event or not that is what your donation covers, there are NO REFUNDS.
Your Donation does go a long way to keep me working on new routes, projects and maintaining the ever-evolving existing routes and future projects. Generosity is encouraged and generally will provide good luck during the event!!!
I hope this is the year you decide to give the route a try.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org