Event photo by Neža Peterca (@t.w.w.c)
“The East Devon Trail is a 113-mile bikepacking route designed by Katherine Moore, that explores East Devon, a rural and coastal landscape between the county’s capital of Exeter and neighboring counties of Dorset and Somerset. This often-overlooked region will astound you with the sheer variety of habitats, from freshwater marshes to lowland heath, green agricultural field networks to steep cliffs, pebbled beaches and sleepy woodland, and the wonderful wildlife that calls these wild places home.”
Starting with an overnight gathering at our basecamp near Exeter, you’ll have three days/two nights in between to complete the 115 mile 50/50 offroad loop, before joining us back at basecamp for a finishers celebration. Ride in your own way, and at your own pace. Challenge yourself, have an adventure, and meet a bunch of great people whilst doing it.
A rally is a self-supported, community focused, bikepacking adventure on a set route. You;Ride at your own pace, and in your own style, over three days. Consider it a challenge, but not a race. An opportunity to ride a great bikepacking route with a gang of good people following the same route.
You choose when, where, and how you sleep along the route. Wild camping? Campsites? B&B’s. All great options! Come with friends or come solo. We’ll create plenty of opportunity to meet new riding buddies.
– Two nights at our SITW basecamp before (Thursday 6th) and after (Sunday 9th) the rally ride
– Two communal dinners for our nights at basecamp on Thursday and Sunday, and a starters breakfast at basecamp on Saturday
– A detailed route guide with tips about the route, resupply, accommodation ideas and the best ice cream and swim stops!
– Access to our SITW Gear Library. We’ll have Ortlieb bikepacking bags, Alpkit camping gear and a handful of Hammerhead Karoo 2 navigation devices to lend. We don’t want gear to be a barrier. Drop us an email if you think you’ll need some of this stuff and we’ll see what we can do. firstname.lastname@example.org
– A detailed route info pack, komoot bundle for navigation, and rally whatsapp group to get connected for the ride.
– Access to an online pre-rally webinar a few weeks before the rally. We’ll share more info about the route, chat about packing, and answer any niggling questions you have!
– Skills sessions and campfire chats at basecamp – expect last minute trailside repair tips, packing advice, and inspiring tales!
– Opportunities to connect with other riders in advance, and at the start of the rally. Great for solo riders!
– A few mid ride surprises :)
What’s not included?
– Bike hire (available locally for a fee)
– Any accommodation or food out on the route
Tickets: £125 Full priced / £75 subsidized