The Tallahassee Tango routes are the first ultra-endurance bikepacking routes in the Florida panhandle. The routes are centered around the state capital’s and is composed of singletrack, scenic double track, coastal levees, and forest roads.
There are Four routes available.
The Tango 177 Takes riders through the Aucilla Singletrack and offer riders options to see some of Florida’s Finest Rapids.
The Tango 277 Features all the awesomeness of the 177 route but offers riders a chance to go through Tate’s Hell and Back!
The Tango Original, before the addition of the Aucilla singletrack, this route offers many of the same features of the 177 route, just by passes Aucilla.
Follow along live below:
NEW IN 2022 The Tango LiTe, a mostly Gravel Route option for those riders wanting to see this beautiful area and avoid 99% of the singletrack found on the original route. LiTe does not mean easy, route mileage is estimated at 234 miles.
We are asking for a 45$ Donation that will net all participants a patch, a route guide, gpx, and a waypoint rerource file. There will also be a well stocked Samurai Camp Saturday night, offering riders a chance to party in the woods at no additional cost.
Riders can also Register as a TEAM. TEAM Riders, register individually and when it comes time to register for trackleaders that is when you submit your team information. Team riders and team riders only, can share resources and also draft off each other, there is a separate qualification for the team category.
1. You must complete the route under your own power. Once you set foot in a motored power vehicle you are voluntarily withdrawing from the challenge.
2. There is a no drafting rule in effect.
3. You must be able to safely carry yourself the length of the route. You can only obtain supplies from commercial establishments along or near the route. You cannot pre arrange any kind of support or supplies and there are no SAG vehicles allowed.
4. There will be 3 checkpoints that you are required to provide photographic evidence for. Some checkpoints may require video documentation. In an effort to prove that you passed these areas you can either email your pics and videos to Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com or you can post them on your facebook wall for me to see and verify.
5. Riders are encouraged to test their limits and finish the route in one BIG PUSH! But there is no penalty for taking a nap or two or sleeping an hour or Three. There are no time cut-offs in effect. Riders can take as long as they need to complete the route.
6. All Riders will be tracked using a Trackleaders. If you own your own SPOT tracker OR Garmin INReach or other tracker we will send out directions on how to sign up and use the device.
All proceeds from the event are used to continue the work of organizing amazing one of a kind events and help support the effort to map new routes and steward the existing routes. This is a full time job, and additional Donations are always welcome and appreciated.