Dakine Hot Laps 5L Review (video)
What makes a great hip pack? In this video review, Neil shares some thoughts on his new favorite, the Dakine Hot Laps 5L. It’s big, loaded with features that work well on the bike, and he rarely leaves home without it. Find the specs, how he packs his Hot Laps, and how it’s held up to a few months of riding.
The Dakine Hot Laps 5L is a large hip pack made from a 100% 450D ripstop recycled polyester (rPET) exterior with a wealth of features, including an optional 2L Hydrapak lumbar water reservoir. With storage capacity comparable to small a backpack, the Hot Laps 5L is a versatile hip pack that offers a lot of options and has become Neil’s favorite over the last year. Find his detailed review video below, then scroll down for specs and details.
Dakine Hot Laps 5L Specs
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 2L / 70oz Dakine x Hydrapak® 3D lumbar reservoir
- Phaser bite valve
- Magnetic buckle auto-locates hydration hose
- Breathable Air Flow backpanel
- Internal organizer pockets
- External attachment straps
- Padded waistbelt w/ zippered phone pocket
- Side compression
- Safety light attachment
- Model Tested: Dakine Hot Laps 5L
- Size: 12 x 7 x 4.5 (30 x 18 x 11cm)
- Weight: 543 grams (19.2 ounces)
- Place of Manufacture: Vietnam
- Price: $80
- Manufacturer’s Details: Dakine.com
- Buy it Now: REI
More Hip Packs
Make sure to dig into these hip pack reviews and even learn how to make your own...
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.