The 2021 Marin El Roy is an entirely new bike from the California-based bike manufacturer, based around a series 3 4130 Chromoly Steel frame and aggressive angles that look like a whole lot of fun. Named in honour of their favourite post-ride taqueria, the El Roy features a top-end build, two different sizes (regular or grande), and is Marin’s most aggressive hardtail to date. It comes complete with chunky 29 x 2.5″ tires, boost hub spacing with thru-axles, a 140mm travel Marzocchi Z1 fork, and a 12-speed drivetrain.
As Marin puts it, “The El Roy is the ultimate aggressive steel hardtail that’ll get you to the top, and then really shine on the way down, with a spicy mix of progressive geometry and supple steel.” With geometry on par with the recently released Kona ESD, the El Roy has a slack front end, steep seat tube, and wide bars that’ll make for fast and rowdy rides.
Although you won’t find rack mounts on the El Roy, Marin did include one standard bottle mount and an additional accessory mount that looks perfect for Wolf Tooth Component’s B-RAD system. It has externally routed cables, an internally routed dropper post, and comes in one colour, Gloss Black Sparklespace. Find the complete build kit and geometry below below.
- Frame Series 3 Double Butted and Formed CrMo Tubing
- Fork Marzocchi Z1, 140mm Travel
- Bottom Bracket Mega EXO, 73mm BSA Threaded
- Headset FSA Orbit 40 No.42 ACB
- Brakes Shimano MT420, 4-Piston Hydraulic Disc
- Rotors180mm (rear), 203mm (front)
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore 6100 12-Speed
- Shifter Shimano Deore 12-Speed
- Crankset FSA Comet, Modular 1x, 32T
- Chain KMC X-12 Silver and Black
- Cassette Shimano Deore 6100 12-Speed, 10-51T
- Rims Marin Double Wall Alloy
- Rear Hub Shimano HB-MT410B, 148x12mm
- Front Hub Shimano HF-MT410B, 110x15mm
- Spokes 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires Maxxis Assegai 29×2.5″, MAXX GRIP, Double Down, Tubeless Compatible
- Handlebar Marin Mini-Riser, 6061 Double Butted Aluminum, 780mm Width, 28mm Rise, 5º Up, 9º Back
- Stem Marin 3D Forged Alloy, 35mm
- Grips Marin Single Clamp Locking
- Seatpost X Fusion Manic with 1x Remote, 150mm (regular) / 170mm (grande)
- Saddle Marin Speed Concept
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.