To this day, the pair of Specialized 2FO Cliplites that Virginia used heavily for three years remain one of her favorites, even after trying many newer options. The latest and greatest (and most expensive) 2FO Cliplite features similar micro-adjustable BOA Li2 dials and a new welded upper, designed to provide a comfortable fit. And if it’s anything like the old model, they just might accomplish that goal…
The new Specialized 2FO Cliplite is built on a cushioned EVA foam midsole and relaxed fit last. It has a SlipNot FG rubber sole for grip and traction, as well as Specialized’s latest cleat pocket guides. Here’s the full spec list from Specialized.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbeds are ergonomically designed and tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Welded upper protects and holds the foot to protect and ventilate.
- Independent BOA Li2 Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the Boa guarantee.
- Lollipop™ nylon shank is paired with an EVA midsole to flex where needed while remaining stiff for pedaling.
- Micro-perforated synthetic provides a soft and supple feel without sacrificing protection and durability.
- XPEL™ hydrophobic lining provides cushioning and doesn’t retain water.
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major mountain pedals.
- Landing Strip™ cleat pocket guides the cleat into the pedal for fast engagement.
- Approximate weight: 424g (1/2 pair, Size 44)
The 2022 Specialized 2FO Cliplite shoes come in sizes 36-49 in Black or Oak, retailing for $200 USD. That’s pretty pricey, but if they last as long as the old model, it might be worth it if you’re looking for this type of footwear. Find more details over at Specialized.com.
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.