Bikepacker and musician Ben Weaver is cycling the full Great Divide Mountain Bike Route with his instruments in tow, performing 15 free concerts along the way. The dates were just announced. Learn more and watch the trailer here…
Earlier this year, musician Ben Weaver announced Music for Free on The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route, a project designed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Adventure Cycling’s GDMBR.
On June 8, Ben will join the Tour Divide Grand Depart leaving Banff to ride the nearly 3000 miles to Antelope Wells, New Mexico. His ride will also include the recently completed spur trail into Missoula, Montana, where one of his shows will be held at Adventure Cycling Association’s headquarters. Currently, Ben is scheduled to give 15 performances, and more impromptu shows will be added along the way. In addition, Ben will be joined by filmmaker Keenan Desplanques, who will be shooting a documentary focusing on the riders’ interactions with the people who live in this unique corridor.
Start planning an overnighter or weekend ride to meet up for a free concert at any of the venues listed below:
- June 7 – Banff, AB | YWCA
- June 11 – Whitefish, MT | YWhitefish Bike Retreat
- June 14 – Missoula, MT | YAdventure Cycling HQ
- June 14 – Missoula, MT | YTop Hat
- June 15 – Ovando, MT | YStray Bullet
- June 17 – Helena, MT | YGreat Divide Cyclery
- June 22 – Pinedale, WY | YSublette County Library
- June 25 – Slater, CO | YBrush Mountain Lodge
- June 27 – Steamboat, CO | YOrange Peel Cycles
- June 28 – Silverthorne, CO | YSilverthorne Performing Arts Center Lawn
- June 29 – Salida, CO | YSubculture Cyclery
- July 1 – Del Norte, CO | YMystic Biscuits Cafe
- July 6 – Pie Town, NM | YToaster House
- July 8 – Silver City, NM | YGila Hike and Bike
- July 9 – Antelope Wells, NM | Yborder
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.