Brooks England is searching for three Europe-based riders to join for a three-week cross-continent trip from Italy to England this spring. Learn more about the inaugural Brooks England Roots Journey here…
This April, a small group will be riding from Italy to Birmingham, England, where John Boultbee founded Brooks England back in 1866. Brooks is inviting those interested to apply to get one of three spots for the 20-day Brooks England Roots Journey. They’ll cover hotel rooms for the entire trip, breakfast and dinner each day, the cost of travel to the start of the trip, and the return trip back from Birmingham. The group will consist of four people: one representative from Brooks who will lead the group (taking care of the route, meals, and so on), and the three selected riders. Find an outline of requirements below, followed by a link to learn more and apply. Note that for logistical reasons, application is only open to riders based in Europe.
- Fluent English: A shared language is vital to foster interaction with other members of the group. We will not be able to consider applications that don’t demonstrate fluent spoken English.
- Previous bikepacking experience: This will be a long trip, without external support. All your personal equipment must be brought with you in your bags, so experience of this kind of adventure is mandatory. Proof of your past trips would be appreciated.
- Good Fitness: We’ll request evidence of a good level of fitness, either through your Strava or Komoot, or evidence of big rides you have been on recently. There’s more to cycling than covering large distances, but we need to know you’re capable of making it all the way home to Birmingham.
- Fellowship: You’ll travel with the three other riders for the entire trip so an ability to stay sociable and accommodating of others is vital. You will be sharing hotel rooms sometimes, although never mixed genders.
- Talent and skill: Artistic skills such as photography, copywriting, playing an instrument, artisanal skills or strong mechanical knowledge will be considered a plus on the selection.
- Equipment: All participants will also be required to use Brooks saddles, bar tape and bags. We can provide you with whatever you’re missing. Riders will use their own bikes and other equipment, and we’ll ask for pictures and information about your setup.
- Certificate of Good Health: To be accepted, you will have to provide evidence of personal insurance and a certificate of good health.
- Telling the story: Brooks will be creating content throughout the trip and as a participant, you will be featured in the videos, photography, and words created. We will ask you to sign a resolution document before starting that agrees for your image to be used in this way.
To apply, head over to BrooksEngland.com and fill out the short online questionnaire.
FILED IN (CATEGORIES & TAGS)
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.