Posted by Lucas Winzenburg
Last year, Miles had the chance to taste several of Nomad Nutrition‘s adventure-ready meals, and he was thoroughly impressed (see his full review here). And for Collective Reward #029, we’re giving one Bikepacking Collective member a Giga Pack of Nomad meals – that’s 12 packs in total, six large (meal) and six small (snack). That’s about an $85 value, and will have one lucky winner enjoying delicious and healthy meals on several trips to come.
This Giga Pack includes:
- 1x Kathmandu Curry 50 gram (1.76oz) pack
- 1x Irish Shepherd’s Pie 50 gram (1.76oz) pack
- 1x Indian Red Lentil Stew 50 gram (1.76oz) pack
- 1x Hungarian Goulash 50 gram (1.76oz) pack
- 1x Caribbean Curry 50 gram (1.76oz) pack
- 1x Ukranian Borscht 50 gram (1.76oz) pack
- 1x Kathmandu Curry 100 gram (3.5oz) pack
- 1x Irish Shepherd’s Pie 100 gram (3.5oz) pack
- 1x Indian Red Lentil Stew 100 gram (3.5oz) pack
- 1x Hungarian Goulash 100 gram (3.5oz) pack
- 1x Caribbean Curry 100 gram (3.5oz) pack
- 1x Ukranian Borscht 100 gram (3.5oz) pack
From Miles’ review:
“All of the meals are plant-based, gluten free, non-gmo, dairy free, soy free, and palm oil free. Nomad Nutrition utilizes a unique drying technique called REVdry that not only eliminates the need for preservatives, but maintains flavour, texture, and nutritional value – something that can’t be said for traditional freeze dried or dehydrated food.
So, how do they taste? Pretty darn good. I’ve had my fair share of prepackaged camp meals over the years. At best, only a few of those were actually good. It’s obvious that there are real ingredients in there that smell like real food – an experience I can’t say I’ve enjoyed with the others out there. You’d think that you should be able to see some lentils down in that bag of Indian Red Lentil Stew, and you can.”
Not yet a supporter of the site? Join our Bikepacking Collective by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday, April 17th, you’ll be eligible to win this Nomad Nutrition Giga Pack (along with several other Collective Rewards) AND you’ll receive the upcoming second issue of The Bikepacking Journal, our biannually printed publication. If you join after that deadline, your first issue will be Issue 03 in October. Already a member? You’re entered to win. Good luck!