Announced today, The RAW is the latest model to join the Mason family of adventure-inspired bikes. Signifying what the UK-based brand calls “a logical next step for Mason and a venture into new territories,” the RAW trail bike is their first dedicated flat-bar mountain bike. Long in the works and refined based on extensive feedback from world-class riders such as Josh Ibbett and Angus Young, the team at Mason say the RAW makes for a “fast, engaging, and spirited ride,” with geometry that’s “modern and progressive enough to provide stability at speed and manageable handling on the limit whilst remaining lively and involving at all speeds.”
Explaining how the new model fits into their lineup, Mason founder Dom Mason wrote, “My thinking was also that many more riders are ready for this type of bike, having ventured further off road with gravel bikes and got the bike-packing and endurance racing bug. The RAW is a hardtail that still has the MASON DNA and is for travelling with a load, in comfort over a long distance, but the 120mm suspension fork and flat bars will let you tackle much rougher, steeper terrain that you encounter along the way.”
RAW frames are built and wet-painted in the UK by the renowned fabricators at Five Land Bikes (@fivelandbikes) using a custom-shaped Dedacciai Zero/Zero Uno tubeset with Reynolds seat tube. Using the large as an example, the RAW has a 66º head tube angle, 75º seat tube angle, 471mm reach, and 60mm bottom bracket drop, and a weight of 2550g. The frame has clearance for a 29 x 2.6″ tire with a 34T chainring, an impressive 15 bottle/bag/accessory mounts, stealth dropper routing, and hidden rack mounts in the dropouts. It’s offered in three colors (grey, blue, and yellow) and four sizes (small, medium, large, and extra large). Find a full list of frame features below.
Mason RAW Frame Features
- Full European construction, tubing and components.
- Custom shaped and formed Dedacciai Zero/Zero Uno, Reynolds UK tubeset.
- Designed around a 120mm suspension fork
- Clearance for 29 x 2.6” tyres/34 tooth chainring.
- Unique to us CNC machined brake mount and dropouts, developed in conjunction with our Italian partners.
- UK made, CNC machined, Reynolds 631, ring-reinforced head tube.
- 73mm Stainless BSA threaded bottom bracket shell.
- Hidden integrated and removable rack mounts in dropouts.
- Optional top tube pack mounts.
- ‘Open’ front triangle, without dropped TT, to give ample space and options for top tube bag or full frame bag.
- Multiple bottle/accessory cage mounting points on top and underneath down tube.
- All bottle/bag/accessory eyelets and convertible internal routing is as standard within frame price. No hidden costs.
- Cable/hose routing internal where it makes sense.
- Stealth dropper routed.
- Exclusive, 3D printed TPU, ‘MASON Element’ chainstay protector.
- High-quality ‘Black Stainless’ bolt and fittings set.
The Mason RAW is priced at £1,695 ($2,255) for a frame only, £2,395 ($3,185) for a frame with Rockshox SID Ultimate fork, £3,795 ($5,050) for a complete Shimano SLX-level build, or £4,195 ($5,580) for a complete Shimano XT-level build.
Find complete details—including geometry charts, build specs, and more—by visiting MasonCycles.cc.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.