Posted by Logan Watts
In the summer of 2018, musician/poet/Salsa sponsored rider Ben Weaver and filmmaker Keenan DesPlanques took on the Tour Divide route from Banff, Alberta, Canada to Antelope Wells, New Mexico for the Music For Free tour.
They rode with instruments and camera gear, stopping along the route for 16 scheduled performances and adding in shows as opportunities allowed.
Their film, Music For Free, documents Ben and Keenan’s journey down the Tour Divide, exploring wilderness, what it means to be wild, and examining the common denominators we all hold dear as humans sharing this planet. Check out the trailer below.
In support of the film, Ben is heading out to do some screenings (and concerts) along the route; check one out in your area:
- July 4th – Music for Free Screening and Concert, Brush Mountain Lodge, CO
- July 7th – Music for Free Screening and Concert, Sincere Cycles, Santa Fe, NM
- July 9th – Music for Free Screening and Concert, Subculture Cyclery, Salida, CO
- July 10th – Music for Free Screening and Concert, Silverhtorne Pavillion, Silverthorne, Co
- July 11th – Music for Free Screening and Concert, Storm Peak Brewing, Steam Boat Spring, Co