Posted by Miles Arbour
Named after Northern Quebec’s Torngats Mountains in the Arctic Cordillera, this new steel fatbike by Montreal-based Panorama Cycles looks to be designed for serious adventure. Like Panorama’s other models, the Torngat features an artist collaboration painted frame. This particular graphics scheme is by Whister artist Kate Zessel (@katezessel), adding a unique aesthetic to the frame and tying the bike together nicely.
The Torngat features a Reynolds 725 steel tubeset with a split seat stay to accommodate belt drive drivetrains. Horizontal sliding dropouts allow a singlespeed setup and adaptation for different wheel/tire sizes. The frame has generous tire clearance for 26 x 5”, 27.5 x 4.5”, and 29 x 3” tires. Other frame features include internal dropper post routing, rear rack mounts, three bottle cages, and top tube bag mounts. Panorama’s custom carbon fork uses a 15 x 150mm thru-axle and is outfitted with a three-pack cargo cage mount on each leg. The Torngat is offered in one complete build, based around a SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain, Sun Ringle MULEFUT wheels, and Terrene Johnny 5 26 x 5″ tires (see the complete build kit below). The complete is listed at $2,399 CAD ($1,825 USD), while the frameset will cost $1,349 ($1,026 USD). The Turngat will only be available in three sizes: small, medium, and large.
- Frame: Reynolds 725 Steel
- Fork: Panorama Carbon Fiber
- Seatpost: Kalloy SP-719
- Headset: FSA DX Pro-A
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB BSA
- Brakes: SRAM BB7 Mechanical
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM PG1210 11-50T
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle Dub Fat5
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle
- Front Hub: Joytech D201SB
- Rear Hub: Joytech D202SB
- Spokes: 14G Stainless
- Rims: Sun Ringle Mulefut SL 80mm
- Tires: Terrene Johnny 5 Light, 26×5.0″
- Handlebar: Race Face Ride
- Saddle: VELO VL-3381
- Stem: Race Face Ride 60mm
Head over to PanoramaCycles.com for full details and ordering info.