Patagonia just released their Untethered Kit, a versatile and minimal gear kit that includes a stainless steel wood stove, cook pot, backpack, and minimal sleeping bag. Each item looks pretty nice and the prices aren’t too bad either. Find all the details and a launch video below.
Wood Burning Stove
The Patagonia Wood Burning Stove is the heart (or hearth, I should say) of the Untethered Kit. The stove is designed to “untether you from the limits of gas fuel” in a lightweight, easy-to-use cooking system made for minimalist excursions into the backcountry. The Patagonia Wood Stove retails for $99. Scroll down for the list of specs from Patagonia.
- Stainless steel construction
- Lightweight, compact design; built from stainless steel for a lifetime of use
- Simple design that breaks down into three pieces
- Multiple fuel options: runs on available deadfall or compressed wood pellets
- Boils one liter of water in an average of 16 minutes
- Made in the Philippines
- Weight: 261 g (9.2 oz)
Designed to pair seamlessly with the Patagonia Wood Burning Stove, the QuantuMiiR Pot allows the stove to nest inside the pot to round out a compact cooking system. The QuantuMiiR Pot is also made of stainless steel and has a built-in heat exchanger that Patagonia claims, “allows for maximum airflow and traps heat under the pot, increasing cooking efficiency and cutting down on fuel use.” The pot is available for $49; specs are listed below.
- Heat-resistant silicone lid increases cooking efficiency and prevents spillage
- Fold-out, heat-resistant handles allow for ease of use and tuck away for compact stowage
- Graded volumetric markings are stamped into the pot for measuring
- Made in China
- Weight: 340 g (12 oz)
Lightweight Sleeping Bag
The Fair Trade Certified sewn Lightweight Sleeping Bag is lightly insulated and designed to be used alone on warm nights, or combined with other layers for added warmth. The zipper-free bag is made from a lightweight 10-denier shell with 40-gram PrimaLoft Gold insulation and designed to pack small and can be used as a liner with another bag during colder temps. The Patagonia Lightweight Sleeping Bag sells for $199. Find the specs from Patagonia below.
- Stuff sack included
- Body: 0.77-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Made in Vietnam
- Weight: 335 g (11.8 oz)
Middle Fork Pack 30L
With climbing harness-inspired shoulder straps and a minimalist design, the Middle Fork Pack is designed to be a versatile and simple pack. While it may not be as applicable to bikepacking as the other items in the kit, we can appreciate its simple design. The Middle Fork Pack features a 3.2-oz 210-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop construction with a water repellent finish and retails for $149. Scroll down for details from Patagonia.
- 210-denier shell fabric with a PU-coated backer
- Foam-free shoulder harness for breathability
- Oversized spindrift closure allows the bag to be overstuffed
- Simple lash-point system allows you to customize the bag
- Made in the Philippines
- Weight: 473 g (1 lb 1 oz)
Watch the launch video below and find all the details about the Patagonia Untethered Kit over at Patagonia.com.
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.