Cross Washington Mountain Bike Route (XWA) Video
Dwayne and Michele Allgire tackled the Cross Washington (XWA) bikepacking route this past summer. Along the way, they captured some great footage of the route and just recently finished compiling a video documenting the ride. Watch it here and learn more about the XWA…
Photos by Dwayne Allgire
After nearly two weeks of pedaling, Dwayne and Michele Allgire finished the 730-mile Cross Washington route from La Push to Tekoa. The two are no strangers to riding big routes. They rode the GDMBR last year and have also checked off the Allegheny Mountains Loop, the Arkansas High Country route, many of the iconic Florida routes, and several other routes from our site. Watch their video below and find their daily itinerary alongside a selection of photos and more about the XWA.
Dwayne and Michele finished the XWA in about 12 days, if you consider the first and last were half days. Their advice? “We had an awesome time and totally recommend this route… just be ready for steep climbing and singletrack, so pack light and have fun!” Their daily itinerary was as follows:
- Day 1: La Push Wild Camp
- Day 2: Wild Camp to Elwha Dam Campground
- Day 3: Elwha Dam to Dungeness Campground
- Day 4: Dungeness to Old Golf Course
- Day 5: Old Golf Course to Bothell
- Day 6: Bothell to Roaring Creek
- Day 7: Roaring Creek to Mineral Spring’s
- Day 8: Mineral Spring’s to Wenatchee
- Day 9: Wenatchee to Ephrata
- Day 10: Ephrata to Moses Lake
- Day 11: Moses Lake to Ritzville
- Day 12: Ritzville to Rosalia
- Day 13: Rosalia to Tekoa
Find more of Dwayne and Michelle’s videos over on their YouTube Channel.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.