The Otso Voytek is quite unique among the world of fat bikes. Owing to its narrow Q-factor and XC-inspired geometry, it’s equally suited to running massive 26 x 4.0″ tires in the winter or 27.5+ or 29+ mountain bike wheels in the summer. We’ve heard of many Voytek owners racing winter events in the winter and then with a simple wheel swap and flip of the rear dropout tuning chip, running it as a mountain bike or bikepacking rig in the warmer months. The Voytek hasn’t received any major updates beyond build kits and colours since its release in 2016—until now.
While the Voytek’s geometry and demeanour haven’t changed, Otso has expanded its overall versatility with a redesigned fork, more tire clearance, and fresh build kits. The new fork has three-pack mounts on both legs for cargo cages or racks and can now clear 26 x 5.4″ tires (the frame is maxed out at 26 x 4.8″). It’s built up around a carbon frame and fork, thru-axles, hydraulic brakes, and a well-rounded, performance-oriented component list that appears to leave little to be desired.
2021 Otso Voytek Base Build
The Otso Voytek bike builder allows you to choose a kit based on 29″, 26″ Fat, or 27.5″ Fat tires. From there, the base build kit includes the following:
- Frame Voytek Carbon
- Fork Voytek Rigid Carbon, suspension corrected
- Headset Wolf Tooth Precision, IS42/IS52
- Bottom Bracket Race Face PF107
- Rear Derailleur Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- Shifter Shimano SLX, 12-speed
- Cassette Shimano SLX, 10-51T
- Crankset Race Face Aeffect, Wolf Tooth CAMO System, 32T Chainring
- Chain Shimano SLX
- Brakes Magura MT4, Hydraulic
- Wheels Sun Single 35mm (for 29″) or Lithic Rhyolite 70mm for Fat
- Hubs Lithic Sealed Cartridge Bearing, 150x15mm (front) / 177x12mm (rear)
- Tires Schwalbe Jumbo Jim, 26 x 4.0″ LiteSkin
- Handlebar Race Face Ride, 740mm Riser
- Stem Race Face Ride, 60mm standard
- Seatpost Race Face Ride, 30.9mm
- Saddle WTB Volt
- Grips Wolf Tooth Silicone
The 2021 Otso Voytek is offered in four new colour ways: Aquamarine and Orange, Charcoal and Black, Chartreuse and Olive, and Scarlet and Berry. It can be purchased as a complete build or frameset (frame, fork, cranks) via Otso’s online custom frame builder or through Otso’s dealer network. Learn more at OtsoCycles.com.
Make sure to dig into these related articles for more info...
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.